Video Editor/ Videographer
Lurn, Inc. Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Video Editor / Videographer
Location: Rockville, MD
Do you love taking high quality video and turning it into something amazing? Do you enjoy being behind the camera and behind the computer editing material? Are you a strong leader who can step into new projects when needed?
We are looking for a full time Videographer and Video Editor to join our production team. You will work with our AV team on various projects including online courses, advertisements, live events, and more! Not only will you help the team gather the shots and film, you will also help with editing the material into professional content that will be used on our e-learning platform, google ads, facebook, and many other places. You will also get to work with some really cool entrepreneurs like our CEO Anik Singal and Daymond John- we have many entrepreneurial experts that film content with us!
About Us - Lurn, Inc.
We’ll start by introducing ourselves. We’re Lurn – The Transformational Home for Entrepreneurs. Our company is pioneering how Entrepreneurs learn and connect with each other (all over the World). Being an Entrepreneur can be a very lonely business – well, not for long.
We’ve built a Publishing platform that has 100+ courses on it and will soon allow for Entrepreneurs to connect, communicate and network with each other.
In 2020, our business has grown 150%. We’ve more than doubled our team size (yes, COVID ain’t got nothing on us). Right now, we’re focused on getting the right leadership in place for the next burst of growth in 2021.
The Lurn.com platform already has 500,000 members and is rapidly growing to 10 million. In 2020, we expanded our Engineering team from six to a team of 25. Long story short, we’re on the brink of major growth in 2021, we’ve already passed our tipping point.
The only reason Lurn is growing the way we are is because of our amazing team. You won’t find a talented, hard-working and family-oriented team culture like ours anywhere in this industry. And now, we’re looking for that “special someone” to help contribute to filming more material!
That’s where you come in, maybe – let’s see.
Does This Sound Like You?
Lurn is recruiting for a full time video editor & videographer. This is an on site job with the following responsibilities:
- Minimum 2 year experience editing high quality videos.
- Knowledgeable in creating kinetic typography.
- Has a keen eye for design
- Knowledgeable in crafting visual narratives with b-roll and motion text.
- Knowledgeable exporting different types / dimensions of videos for different social media platforms.
- Ability to craft content that follows our strict branding guidelines.
- Ability to match instrumental music, b-roll, and text to the core messaging of the videos.
- Assist other team members on set for filming Ads and content videos on a weekly basis.
- Maintain digital archives on google drive as well as local drives.
- On an as-needed, occasional basis, we have virtual live events that need to be streamed over the weekend or we may have some filming projects.
- Working closely with the Production team to support the production and distribution of live/virtual events by performing various tasks as needed.
- Knowledgeable with video recording using DSLR camera and gears.
- Knowledgeable with Video lighting.
- 2 Year experience using Adobe Premiere Pro software.
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac software.
- Willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic to advanced editing principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team player.
So what’s in it for you….
First of all, we have an amazing award-winning culture. We work like a family and we empower everyone to manage their jobs, tasks and teams in their own way. No micro-management here. We encourage you to take chances and grow fast.
We are a Washington Business Journal Best Places to Work company and have won the following Comparably Workplace Awards:
- Best Company Culture
- Best Company Leadership
- Best Company for Women
- Best Company for Diversity
We strive to ensure that our employees have the best experience possible (while still remembering that you are at your job). Here are the benefits we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision/LTD all paid for by the company except a small portion of your health insurance, and $250,000 of life insurance for each team member that can be converted to whole life at your discretion
- 401k - We contribute 3% of your TOTAL compensation, that is mandatory per our plan, not a company match !
- 20 days of PTO that starts accruing the day you start!
- 10 Holidays including two floating holidays you can use as you see fit
- Virtual and in person sponsored work events
- Company-provided laptop and monitor for use throughout your employment
- Silicon Valley style Lurn Center with a gym, nap room, and arcade
- Fully stocked break room (Coffee, sodas, and snacks galore!)
- Company swag for you to show off your new company ;)
- A team that truly cares about you and your success!
Anyway, if all this sounds like your cup of tea then APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Lurn, Inc.