Traveling Safety Managers
- Posted: 12 days ago
Do you have a passion for the Construction Industry? Is working for a thriving company that offers our employees professional growth opportunities and unbelievable employee benefits important for you? Then being part of our team at Lunacon Construction Group is the place to be!
Lunacon Construction's #1 priority is to ensure client satisfaction, we provide a broad range of construction management and general contracting services through a "hands-on" approach that thrives on hard work, dedication, and the development of a great level of trustworthiness from our employees to our clients.
Lunacon leadership has over 50 years of collective experience in the industry. We have successfully managed a wide range of projects with contract values of over $1.8 billion dollars.
We are looking for Safety Manager willing to be assigned in Omaha, Nebraska.
Safety Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Plans, implements, manages and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on-premises or at project site locations.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirms project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and sound engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
Safety Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfort with time reporting systems
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years large-scale commercial, government, or industrial project management experience, including at least 4 years management level safety profession experience
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, 30-hour Construction Safety and Industry Standards plus familiarity with DOE 10 CFR Part 851 are highly desirable
Lunacon Engineering Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?