Luna Park in Coney Island New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you dream about being part of History and promoting NYC’s most iconic destination for fun?
We are looking for an engaging Retail/Arcade Associate for Luna Park in Coney Island.
Central Amusement International Inc. (CAI) is an amusement park development and management company located in New York City. In 2003, CAI developed Victorian Gardens at Wollman Rink in Central Park, and in 2010 developed Luna Park in Coney Island, at the site of the birthplace of the amusement industry. CAI is part of the Zamperla Group, which is the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of amusement rides.
Central Amusement International Inc. (CAI) is currently recruiting for qualified candidates to fill the role of Retail/Arcade Associate. Retail/ Arcade Associates would be responsible for assisting guests guests in the selection of souvenir items, merchandise and Arcade usage. A spirt of sales would be an advantage in this role and an ability to engage with customers and build enthusiasm for services. Specific duties will include:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Assisting guests by giving verbal instructions or information for Arcade attractions.
- Provide current Park information. The Arcade attendant must be knowledgeable on ticket structure and pricing, coupons, gaming, promotions, opening and closing times, park rules, park policies, park procedures, park amenities, etc.
- Provide information regarding merchandise, store services, and the park.
- Demonstrate and utilize salesmanship techniques to sell products to guests and try to upsell on each transaction.
- Stock and display merchandise as directed.
- Monitor assigned sales area to prevent and/or detect theft.
- Receive payment and make change as needed, as per cash handling procedures of the company.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Locate and process a guests photo or video.
- Maintaining the proper care of the photo system and be able to troubleshoot during issues.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as in a group setting.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the functions of the job.
- Maintain PAR levels of merchandise at your specific location.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with coworkers, supervisors, and park guests.
- Monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior, by enforcing the rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent industry experience required
- Must have understanding of how to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to work a varied of shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Must be outgoing, friendly, courteous, and honest
- Must have a working e-mail and phone number. CAI will provide an onsite computer to set up an e-mail address for individuals who do not have one
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to interact in a multicultural environment with a variety of ages
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50lbs Ensure guests meet all ride policies and procedure
- Maintains daily logs and paperwork
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Drug and background check may be required
- Must be able to operate computers and learn software programs
Job Type: Seasonal
Compensation: Discussed at Interview
Covid-19 Accommodations: Virtual Interviews
Luna Park in Coney Island
AddressNew York, NY
RetailView all jobs at Luna Park in Coney Island