Materials Research Scientist - Polymer Chemistry
- Posted: over a month ago
Luna Labs invents the next generation of technologies to keep the United States safe, enable more renewable energy, and innovate healthcare technologies to detect, prevent, and treat diseases. The 80+ scientists and engineers in our three research groups - Biotech, Materials, and Systems - collaborate daily to offer a tailored, multi-disciplinary approach to today’s complex needs for innovation.
Luna Labs is seeking a creative and motivated Polymer Scientist / Project Manager to contribute to fast-paced research, focused on the development of existing and novel materials. This position will involve managing and performing on existing projects related to the discovery and development of new materials technology for our government and commercial customers. Current application areas relevant to this position include microencapsulation, structural adhesives, polymer composites, coting formulation and chemical/biological agent decontamination. It is desired that the candidate will have a background in polymer chemistry with experience in program management including idea generation, experimental design, data analysis, report writing, customer presentations, and staff mentorship.
Duties and Major Responsibilities:
- Manage research and development projects, including experimental design, problem solving, structure-property relationships, data summary and interpretation, report writing, customer presentation
- Participate in discussions with government and commercial early adopters of new technologies to guided development toward technology transition
- Identify new technologies and match them with applications to satisfy significant customer needs
- Participate and consult with the internal and external scientific community to maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge to successfully conduct experiments and projects
- Participate and drive the transition of new technologies into product concepts, prototype design, and commercialization
- Maintain a positive environment with lab researchers emphasizing safe laboratory practices and clean workspaces
- M.S., or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science, or related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience with program management for R&D projects in one or more of the following areas: coatings, sealants, adhesives, textiles, composites
- Experience in laboratory research, work plan execution, and report writing.
- Excellent technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
Due to government contracting regulations, U.S. Citizenship is a firm requirement.
Ashley Mullins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Koene, email@example.com
Luna Labs USA LLC
ScienceView all jobs at Luna Labs USA LLC