Software Test Engineer
Luminator Technology Group (Luminator) delivers globally-recognized technology solutions that increase intelligence, safety, and efficiency for public transit operations.
Delivering a global portfolio of hardware and software solutions through well-known and well-established regional organizations, Luminator is a global company with a small-enterprise approach and commitment to customer success, serving customers in more than 85 countries, and employing nearly 1,000 people.
The organization is seeking a Software Test Engineer to build a quality culture championing a delightful customer experience while enabling teams to efficiently bring high quality software to all markets. We do this by engaging early to ensure customer use cases are tested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design test plans and test cases for mobile and web applications
- Convert manual tests cases into automated test cases
- Develop and design test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex distributed systems
- Ensure the product is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs integration vs end to end, API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, and intermittent failures
- Troubleshoot customer’s environment and assist with resolutions
- Learn, share, recommend, and drive adoption of new technologies, standard methodologies, and trends
- Partner with our Development, QA, and offshore teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years professional experience in software testing including building servers
- 3+ years of experience in mobile video industry
- Proven ability to perform problem solving and troubleshooting
- 4+ experience in Analyzing product requirements
- Experience testing of a product which includes both hardware and software components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically required to regularly walk, sit, bend, twist, stand and reach in a normal office environment.
- Constantly required to stand, walk, bend, twist, overhead lift and reach in a varied field environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform constant work on computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
*Luminator Technology Group intends to provide a safe and drug-free work environment for our customers and our employees, as a condition of employment Luminator Technology Group will require a negative drug screen as part pre-employment process.
Powered by JazzHR
Luminator Technology Group