Luminator Technology Group (Luminator) delivers globally-recognized technology solutions that increase intelligence, safety, and efficiency for public transit operations.
Delivering a global portfolio of hardware and software solutions through well-known and well-established regional organizations, Luminator is a global company with a small-enterprise approach and commitment to customer success, serving customers in more than 85 countries, and employing nearly 1,000 people.
The DevOPS Support Engineer is responsible to design, implement, integrate, deploy, and test cloud and networking systems for the mass transit industry (bus, rail, & air).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly motivated self-starter with cradle to delivery ownership traits
- 5+ years of design, integration of computing and networking platforms
- 5+ years of comprehensive experience as a DevOps/AWS Engineer, Configuration Management, Build and Release Management.
- 5+ years of experience working on Continuous Integration and Delivery Platform as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with automation of the software deployment process in a modern cloud environment
- Experience in successfully managing enterprise solutions in the cloud using a vast range of cloud technologies and one cloud platform (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in automating monitoring and support processes for enterprise solutions in the cloud
- 24x7x365 IT system operation experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and skill required.
- Successfully manage enterprise solutions in the cloud using a vast range of cloud technologies and advanced one cloud platform experience (i.e. AWS, Azure)
- Experience in automating, monitoring and support processes for enterprise solutions in the cloud
- Advanced experience in administration and troubleshooting for the following:
- Orchestration Management (Kubernetes)
- Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Chef, or Puppet)
- Advanced experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange)
- Advanced experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute)
- Storage and Content Delivery (Content Delivery Networks; Streaming video/H264/H265/MP4/WEBM/Smooth Streaming; Search Engines/Solr/Lucene; Storage protocols/iSCSI/NFS/CIFS/SMB; client/server & distributed systems architecture)
- Proficient experience with various distributions of Linux like RedHat, Ubuntu
- Strong at automating the release process of products using shell/Ruby scripts and build process using Jenkins server
- Proficient in Agile development team to deliver an end to end Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins
- Hands on experience creating infrastructure in a coded manner using Puppet and Chef for configuration management of virtual environments
- 5+ years of experience in Azure or AWS cloud services such as EC2, ECR, EKS, Lambda, Batch, S3, EFS, S3 Glacier, RDS, DMS, VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, API Gateway, CloudFormation, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudSearch, Elasticsearch, IAM, KMS, SNS, SQS, and SES
- Solid implementation knowledge of Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, services and deployed application containers as Pods
- 5+ years of experience on server monitoring, capacity planning, and application development
- Knowledge of automation of AWS / Azure infrastructure via Terraform, SaltStack and Jenkins
- 3+ Experienced with SQL Server, MySQL, and Postgres database
- 5+ years of experience in Bash, Perl, Python, and Ruby on Linux
- Advance support / troubleshooting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, or Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- DevOps Engineer Certification (AWS or Azure)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically required to regularly walk, sit, bend, twist, stand and reach in a normal office environment.
- Constantly required to stand, walk, bend, twist, overhead lift and reach in a varied field environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform constant work on computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
*Luminator Technology Group intends to provide a safe and drug-free work environment for our customers and our employees, as a condition of employment Luminator Technology Group will require a negative drug screen as part pre-employment process.
Powered by JazzHR
Luminator Technology Group