We are currently seeking a Patient Care Coordinator to join our corporate office and team in El Segundo. Bring your experience and passion for healthcare and providing excellent customer service to our growing patient base,
- Orients and educates patients and their families by meeting them; explaining the role of the patient care coordinator; initiating the care plan; providing educational information in conjunction with direct care providers related to treatments, procedures, medications, and continuing care requirements.
- Develops interdisciplinary care plan and other case management tools by participating in meetings; coordinating information and care requirements with other care providers; resolving issues that could affect smooth care progression; fostering peer support; providing education to others regarding the case management process.
- Monitors delivery of care by completing patient rounds; documenting care; identifying progress toward desired care outcomes; intervening to overcome deviations in the expected plan of care; reviewing the care plan with patients in conjunction with the direct care providers; interacting with involved departments to negotiate and expedite scheduling and completion of tests, procedures, and consults; reporting personnel and performance issues to the unit manager; maintaining ongoing communication with utilization review staff regarding variances from the care plan or transfer/discharge plan.
- Evaluates outcomes of care with the interdisciplinary team by measuring intervention effectiveness with the team; implementing team recommendations.
- Complies with hospital and legal requirements by fostering nursing practices that adhere to the hospital's and nursing division's
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains information by entering new information as it becomes available; verifying findings and reports; backing up data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Ideally, we are seeking someone who has been in the role of a patient care coordinator, customer service, and or has worked in a healthcare setting specifically Podiatry and Dental.