Automation Engineer II - Carrolton, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing automation and control systems for Industrial Equipment, casting and rolling of copper or aluminum rod.
• Design and program logic for PLCs, drive systems, and combustion control systems.
• Develop SCADA and operator interface applications.
• Design databases and write custom computer programs for Southwire Continuous Rod (SCR) systems.
• Apply standard procedures to trouble shoot mechanical and electrical components, diagnose and resolve issues.
• Create project manuals and electrical schematics using CAD.
• Develop cost estimates and proposals for electrical systems.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of SCR systems such as fluid systems, operations, metallurgy, maintenance, material handling, furnace systems, and hands on machine operation.
• Assist with on-site commissioning of all parts of an SCR system.
• This individual transfer know-how to SCR customers through training, discussions, presentations, and startup assistance.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field is required.
• 3-6 years’ experience,(compensation will be based on experience) but candidates must have industrial experiences, such as Industrial processing equipment, AC and DC drives, PLC’S, combustion systems, design, maintenance and/or operation (or similar industry).
• Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC and drive experience. CAD experience with AutoCAD.
• SCADA system and HMI application experience.
• Computer programming, networking, database, and reporting skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge, and to develop into technical resource and subject matter expert.
• Ability to travel internationally: 25%
• Must possess excellent communication, organization, presentation, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- PLC combustion systems
- CAD with AUTOCAD
- SCADA system application
- Database, and computer programming
- Networking and reporting skills
- Communication, organization, and presentation skills
Lumiere Systems Inc
Get fresh Automation Engineer II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.