Database Administrator 6 - 10+ yr
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 12 Months
- 1st PostgreSQL
- 2nd Oracle 11g and 12c or 18c
- 3rd Support Linux Database.
- 4th RAC databases
- On-call rotation required. (about 1 every 14 weeks).
- The manager is looking for a candidate that can work a LONG -TERM project unto 30-months
- Database Administration team in Networks Systems IT Organization maintains all database systems.
- DBA team is responsible to manage all aspects of DBA roles – planning and designing cost effective, highly available, and scalable systems; devising, implementing, and maintaining Backup, Archive, and Recovery strategies; monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning database systems for performance and analyzing system demand and ensuring capacity.
- This position is a team leader in a centralized database administration team, which provides 7x24 support in test or prod environments.
- Candidates will be mainly responsible for maintaining highly visible production databases.
- Plan, design, and build high performance database systems in the Network Systems.
- Partner with application teams to support databases for over 100 applications, many of them considered critical, complex, multi-terabyte OLTP database systems.
- Design next generation storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database appliances
- Uphold enterprise data security policy guidelines and recommend new or improved guidelines
- Partner with project teams and interact with application teams and technology vendors to customize or find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
- Perform pro-active capacity planning, recommend and implement solutions to provide scalability, availability, security, stability, and performance
- Conduct benchmark tests to gauge hardware capacity and meet application capacity and demand requirements
- Provides tasks and timelines to support the creation of project plans with appropriate updates for those tasks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data (Terabytes) and high transaction rates.
- Capacity planning, SQL analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance.
- Participating in an active on call rotation.
- Providing off hours support to avoid impacting database availability during normal business hours.
- Keeping up-to-date of new features and technical trends within the industry and be able to successfully communicate and apply those with application counterparts.
Client is looking for: (Job Requirements)
Candidates will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years or more years of work experience.
- 6 yrs or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience administering Oracle 11g and 12c or 18c RAC databases and PostgreSQL
- Experience on UNIX or Linux and shell scripting
Even better if candidates have:
- Experience with planning, building, implementing, administering, and maintaining on High Availability (HA) Setup of Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC) database on Oracle 11g or 12c or 18c RDBMS, Grid infrastructure (GI), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Data Guard and applying patches of GI and Oracle 11g or 12c or 18c RDBMS software binaries on Unix or Linux environments.
- Strong Working knowledge in performance analysis, tuning, ensures optimal database performance through exhaustive pre-service testing and ongoing real-time monitoring using Oracle Enterprise manager, SQL Tuning advisor, AWR, ADDM, ASH and other tools & techniques.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting and find a quicker to resolution.
- Experience with GoldenGate and numerous cutting Edge technologies.
- Experience with Exadata platforms, CellStorage, InfiniBand Switches, and ZFS Storage Appliances.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies: RDS, Postgres Aurora, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, EMR, SCT, DMS, Auto scale, and Cloud watch.
- Expert migrating databases to Cloud.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Solve complex problems, performance issues, and come up with innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple open escalations and remain organized while also having to drop everything to resolve outages on a regular basis.
- Experience leading others and Mentoring other DBAs
- Experience with Software Products: Oracle 12c or 18c, RMAN, Oracle Dataguard (Physical and Active), Advanced Replication, Golden Gate, Partitioning, Advanced Security, OEM 12c or 13c, Exadata
- Experience with PostgreSQL v9.6 or 10.x or 11.x
- Experience with Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, CentOS, OEL), Solaris, HPUX, AIX.
- Experience with Hardware environments: AWS, HP, SUN, DELL.
- Experience with programming Language(s): SQL, UNIX and Shell Scripting.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Nice to have Certification on OCP DBA, and AWS.