- Posted: over a month ago
Lumanu builds technology that makes doing business in the Creator Economy easy, collaborative, and fun. Our secure and straightforward tools take the hassle out of invoices, payments, and collaborations—freeing content creators to do more of what they love.
At Lumanu, you'll be able to make an immediate impact and work with some of the most talented and collaborative people anywhere.
About the role
As a Product Designer for our web application, you'll have an immense impact by redesigning our web platform. You'll dive into and evolve the customers' and clients' end-to-end journeys, empowering businesses of all sizes to pay and get paid through the experiences you design. The team will look to you to make thoughtful design decisions while moving quickly, understanding both the business problem and what users need through research, design, testing and building relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. Design is crucial to achieving our mission to empower creators to thrive on their own terms. We want to make it easy and simple to accomplish complex business functions, while still having great aesthetics and appealing to creators.
As a Product Designer at Lumanu, you'll
- Design end-to-end experiences for creator and customers in our web and mobile apps in partnership with product managers and developers
- Conduct user discovery and testing for your pod, alongside our Head of Product Design and Head of Product
- Contribute new web and mobile UI styles and components to our design system based on Material Design
- Gain deeper understanding of the creator economy
You'll love this role if you…
- Have 3+ years designing for and shipping cross-platform, end-to-end product features for consumer-facing (B2C or B2B2C) web applications. Bonus, but not required: Experience designing for consumer payments and mobile
- Have early-stage startup experience and are eager to ship and learn
- Enjoy figuring things out and are curious about uncovering the motivations and needs that drive our customers
- Have experience working on a UX team
- Are a self-starter comfortable working through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Are willing to test alternatives, iterate and believe that done is better than perfect
- Have experience doing your own prototype testing, user interviews, and synthesizing actionable insights
- Are an expert Figma user and have experience building, using, and maintaining component libraries
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills for presenting ideas and designs
- Are a proactive communicator and collaborator
- Have experience with icons, illustrations, and motion design is a plus
In your application, include a link to your website or portfolio with 2-3 UX-focused work samples with your application, including at least one example of a consumer-facing web application. We want to understand how you solve problems and make design decisions that lead to clear and usable experiences. Clearly explain your process and the reasoning behind the decisions made, include visual artifacts, and identify both your role and the impact you had.
More About Lumanu
We support all types of creators—from influencers and musicians to graphic designers and gamers. Whether they have millions of followers or a few hundred, whether they collaborate with Fortune 500 companies or mom-and-pop shops, Lumanu takes care of business so that creators can thrive on their own terms. Check out our recent Series A announcement —we're backed by the same people who were early-stage investors in Cameo and Grubhub.
At Lumanu, we are committed to hiring individuals who share our vision for embracing and celebrating differences. We encourage folks from historically marginalized communities to apply for our opportunities - this includes, but is not limited to, people of color, women, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and more.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
Note that we cannot sponsor visas at this time.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?