Client Development Director
- Expired: May 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director is primarily responsible for client acquisition, in terms of both developing new clients and expanding work from existing clients in new categories, products, and departments in the life sciences, primarily pharmaceutical and biologic companies.
More specifically, this job entails:
- Identifying individuals, teams, and companies that would represent expansion clients or reactivated clients who have been dormant for 5+ years.
- Identifying and developing new contacts, departments, functions, and products at existing clients (ie, among the 41 companies with Master Service Agreements (MSAs) in place or the 28 active Confidentiality Agreements (CDAs) with clients who do not require MSAs (as of October 1, 2021).
- Integrating with others on staff and externally involved with business development efforts including recommending/reviewing plans and content for digital communications, booths, or panel participation at industry meetings, marketing materials, and other company awareness and business-generation efforts.
- Assessing and updating core capabilities materials as needed.
- Reviewing, considering, tracking industry organizations and company memberships, including recommending changes and additions, as well as specific events for participation, exposure, and awareness.
- Ensuring that all client development efforts are entered into salesforce.com, and using that database on a regular basis.
- Maintaining relationships with ongoing and past clients, even when inactive.
- Covering for others on the team when they are out of town or unavailable (eg, responding to leads, participating in business development teams at enterprise level, etc).
- Coordinating with business development professionals at the enterprise, global practice, and business unit level, as needed.
- Meeting corporate objectives including
- Maintaining corporate policies (eg, conflicts of interest).
- Be the face and voice for the company when needed.
- Participate in cross-unit pitches.
- Liaise as appropriate with other business units and teams across the enterprise for RFPs, MSAs, and other needs of shared clients.
- Interviewing new hires; training and developing new hires in client development as needed.
- Participating in staff meetings; major contributor to corporate initiatives (web site, e-newsletter, abstracts), participate in training (and recommend needed training); recommend policy improvements
- Participating in industry panels, conferences (and exhibits), and other awareness-building efforts.
A track record of success on either/both the corporate (5+ years) and research-based (commercial) consulting side is preferred;
Strong interest and drive to sell services supporting commercial endeavors in healthcare is a critical element and mandatory in this role.
Skills in the following areas are also desired in this position:
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Business acumen, including but not limited to identifying research techniques that are best fit.
- Client service.
- Decision making and judgment.
- Managing time.
- Managing work.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the industry, methodology, healthcare trends in the US and globally.
- Cross-functional experience on the corporate side is a bonus (sales, marketing, market research, strategic planning).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Comfort with and proficiency in PowerPoint.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on what matters to you – health and well-being, personal finances, professional development, and a healthy work/life balance:
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous amount of paid time off annually + 10 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and more
AddressMidland Park, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at Lumanity