Substance Abuse Counselor - Support our Military (221230)
- Posted: 2 days ago
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
SITE OF SERVICE:
- Groton Naval Base, CT
- Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Division
- Full time Position
- Education: Completion of one of the following:
- Graduate from a behavioral science program with specialized training in substance abuse and chemical dependency treatment.
- Completion of the Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor School (NDACS) that lands to a Navy Certification as a Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor.
- Certification: Possess and maintain a National Certification Credential by one of the following:
- The National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors
- The National Board of Certification Counselors
- The International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse.
- Additional Certifications: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) hands on certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Experience: One year of experience as a Substance Abuse Counselor after graduation.
- Licensure: Possess a current and unrestricted license to practice as a Certified Addictions Counselor in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Island.
- US Citizenship: Shall be a U.S. citizen
- English Language Requirement: Able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
- Physical Capability: Shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract.
- Services are provided 0600 - 1830 hours Mon-Fri. Saturday hours are 0700-1700 hours with a possibility of 2 Saturday shifts a month. Shifts will be scheduled for an 8.5 to 9 hour period, to include an uncompensated 30 to 60 minute meal break.
- In no instance will the services be provided n excess of 80 hours per two-week period.
- Life Insurance/Disability Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education Reimbursement
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team-work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To learn more about Luke & Associates, please visit our website at:
Powered by JazzHR
Luke & Associates
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?