This is a position listing for a Pharmacy Technician position at the Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC.
All Luke & Associates positions have the sole purpose of providing quality medical attention to veterans, the military, and their families. Our commitment is to our employees, our clients and of course the patients and their safety.
SITE OF SERVICE:
- Pharmacy Department at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, NC and its Branch pharmacies.
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
- Certification: Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Experience: One year of experience as a pharmacy technician after graduation.
- U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
- English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
- HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract and TO.
- General Duties. Contractor personnel shall perform a full range of duties consistent with their labor category, education, training, experience, clinical privileges (as applicable), and assigned position
- Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems that the HCW is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional growth.
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all other required training.
- Actively participate in the command's Performance Improvement Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students, etc.).
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient care.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain DOD email account as directed. The HCW shall be responsive to all email and voicemail communications.
- Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care, and clinic activities.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be only those listed in local instructions.
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician's requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including placing new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing not in stock reports.
- Services shall be provided Sunday through Saturday, between the hours of 0630-2330 for an 8.5-10.5 hour shift with a 30 minute uncompensated meal break.
- In no instance will an individual contractor HCW be required to provide services in excess of 80 hours per 2-week period.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday shifts will be rotated among all Pharmacy Technicians (Government and contractor) who are assigned to the Pharmacy Department.
- For positions located in the branch pharmacies, to include the MCAS New River Branch Medical Clinic (BMC), services may not be required on the workdays immediately preceding, and following the day of observance of federally established holidays
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
#INDLP3Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Luke & Associates