SITE OF SERVICE:
- Pharmacy Department at Naval Hospital Bremerton, WA 98310
- Naval Hospital Bremerton and associated branch medical clinics within a 40 mile radius of their assigned MTF. HCWs shall receive notification 48 hours prior to reassignment.
Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long term Disability, Life Insurance
- 401 Retirement Plan
- Annual CME Reimbursement
- 10 paid federal Holidays
- 80 Hours of Vacation
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) hands on course through American Heart Association.
- Experience: A minimum of 12 months of full-time experience within the last 36 months as a pharmacy technician.
- U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
- English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
- HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract.
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician’s requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including placing new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing not in stock reports.
- Services shall be provided Sunday through Saturday between the hours of 0700 and 0659.
- Shifts will normally be scheduled for an 8.5 to 9 hour period to include an uncompensated 30 to 60 minute meal break, respectively, or a 12.75 hour shift to include a 45 minute meal break.
- The HCW shall not be scheduled more than a 12.75 hour shift in a 24 hour period. The HCWs shall be scheduled no more than 4 holiday shifts.
- In no instance will the HCW be required to provide services in excess of 80 hours per two-week period.