Dental Assistant (220895)
- Posted: over a month ago
SITE OF SERVICE:
- Barksdale Air Force Base
- The 2nd Medical Group is an Outpatient Clinic.
- Full Time Position
- Degree: Certificate or Associate Degree.
- Education: Successful completion of a one of the following:
- Certificate or Associate Degree as a dental assistant/technician from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA) and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant school and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in a private practice or a military clinic.
- Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Graduation from a state accredited program for dental assistants or dental technology within the preceding 12 months.
- All training must have included a course in radiation physics; radiation biology; radiation health, safety, and protection; X-ray films and radiographic film quality; radiographic techniques; darkroom and processing techniques; film mounting; and, digital radiographic processing techniques.
- Certification: Certified in radiography as required by 42 CFR Part 75.
- Experience: Six months of experience as a Dental Assistant after graduation.
- U.S. Citizenship: Shall be a U.S. citizen
- English Language Requirement: Able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
- Physical Capability: Shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract.
- The Clinic hours are from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays and down days.
- The HCW must not work more than 12 hours in a day or more than 40 hours per week.
- Every effort will be made to submit schedules at least 3 months in advance. However, at least 48hrs notice will be provided for any schedule changes
- Life Insurance/Disability Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education Reimbursement
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team-work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To learn more about Luke & Associates, please visit our website at:
Powered by JazzHR
Luke & Associates
AddressBossier City, LA
HealthcareView all jobs at Luke & Associates