This is a position listing for a future Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) position at Chula Vista and Eastlake Naval Clinics, San Diego, CA.
All Luke & Associates positions have the sole purpose of providing quality medical attention to veterans, the military, and their families. Our commitment is to our employees, our clients and of course the patients and their safety.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA)
SITE OF SERVICE:
- Naval Clinics at Chula Vista and Eastlake, San Diego, CA
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists or a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces. .
- Certification: Certified Medical Assistant Only: Current certification as a medical assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants or Current registration by the American Medical Technologists or other formal program as specified in the TO.
- Experience: One year of experience as a Medical Assistant after graduation.
- U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
- English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
- HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract and TO.
- Prepare examination rooms prior to patient's arrival.
- Assist with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
- Check patient's vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight, blood pressure, and pulse oximeter reading.
- Obtain and document patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct form.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered.
- Maintain examination room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of examination rooms.
- Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
- Services shall be provided Saturday through Sunday including Federal Holidays, between the hours of 0700 and 2200.
- Shifts will normally be scheduled for an 8.5, 9, 10 or 12 hour period, to include an uncompensated 30 or 60 minute lunch break, respectively.
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.Employment Type: FULL_TIME