Field Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Field Service Technician will participate in the daily operation and repair of Oilfield Pumping Unit equipment. They will perform assignments as directed by the crew chief and field managers, plus other assignments as required. They will work effectively with other work groups: Safety, Sales, Maintenance, other personnel and Management.
In the role of Field Service Technician, you will:
• Under the direction of a Field Manager, perform a number of tasks associated with the operation, rig-up / down of equipment & tools and related equipment in the shop, yard, or location (equipment used will vary by product line)
• Perform duties which may involve some technical elements but primarily focused on installation, inspection, and repairing of Oilfield Pumping Units
• Play a role in hands-on and directly manipulate equipment, machinery or systems requiring precise instrumentation / operation
• Be trained in operating more than one type of equipment or combinations of equipment / processes (level is determined by competency development program)
• Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations –locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
• High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution Eligibility Requirements:
• Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
• Work at heights
• Carry various pieces of the pumping unit of substantial weight
• Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
• Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
• Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Be subjected to extreme heat and cold for extended periods of time Desired Characteristics
• Experience in field service repair or oil field repair
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Lufkin Industries will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Lufkin’s proud past extends back to the early 20th century when the Lufkin Foundry manufactured railroad and sawmill equipment. The company expanded soon after by pioneering oilfield pumping units in the 1920s. Today, Lufkin is a world leader in its field, providing precision-engineered oilfield equipment, products, and services to customers around the globe.
Lufkin Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at Lufkin Industries