Cheese Monger/Sales Associate
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Located at Granary Road opened weekends until January. We are a Family run specialty cheese shop & deli with a loyal local clientele. We value customer relationships & pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service. We value our customers and love everything about cheese & charcuterie. We are looking for someone who takes prides in providing an exceptional customer service, and getting to know our regular customers.
- The most important skill is the ability to approach guest and offer outstanding customer service. At Luc's our sales associates/cheesemonger must be passionate and enjoy sharing your knowledge about pairings, cheese & charcuterie.
- Work independtly
- A Cheesemonger prepares, packages, receives and stocks product. A Cheesemonger has passion for cheese and the ability to share that passion with Luc's guests.
- Functionally reports to the Owners and Manager. Assists guests with cheese selection and shares knowledge of products
- Weighs, labels and packages products and completes food preparation in a timely manner
- •Ensures counter and display refrigerators neatly and accurately as per the pricing , and promptly informs management when food quantities or supplies are low
- Merchandizes displays attractively and rotates products per quality and First In First Out (FIFO) standards
- Cleans work station thoroughly
- Efficient knife skills
- Continuous standing/walking for all tasks
- Constant use of both hands using knife, and cheese slicer.
- Lift boxes up to 25 pounds
MUST HAVE A PERMIT TO WORK IN CANADA
- Dynamic, enthusiastic individual who thrives under pressure and are able to perform multiple functions
- Skilled leader who understands how to motivate and drive positive team culture
- Proven ability to drive revenues and profit, and at the same time ensuring a positive work environment and customer experiences.
- Ability to work face to face with customers
- Great communications skills
- Knowledge of cheese & charcuterie highly preferred·
- Detailed orientated
- Must be available to work weekends
- Creative culinary skills
- Must have knowledge of different cheeses and charcuterie from around the world.
- This may be a physically demanding position as employees are required to be on their feet for long periods of time while working in the store. Applicants may be required, from time to time, to lift heavy objects and should feel comfortable lifting items weighing up to 60 pound
- Ability to work flexible schedule and available every weekend
- Available to work within two locations throughout city.
- Food Safe Training
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and assist in managing all food-related functions
- Assist guest in selecting cheeses, charcuterie and the perfect pairing by engaging customers with a friendly demeanor, excellent product knowledge and a passion for delicious food.
- Collaborate with owner/manager in sourcing products and building relationships with local vendors and all suppliers.
- Create new house made products
- Inventory & waste control
- Arrange Beautiful Charcuterie and Cheese Boardsinvolved in sourcing products and building relationships with local vendors.
- Slice, package, prepare and serve food items related to day-to-day operations.
- strong emphasis on cleanliness, organization, and attention to detail are of the utmost importance
- Taking lead of preparation and keeping up inventory of charcuterie kits and preparation of house made preserves.
- Maintaining high standard of cleanliness &. sanitization.
- Have an awesome work ethic
- Dedicated to ensuring each customer has an amazing shopping and food experience.
Must have full availability to work Wednesday to Sunday. Reliable transportation and able to work various locations.
Family Owned and Operated, Our own brand of smoked and cured Meats, 120 variety of cheese and accompaniments. We are located year round at 4 locations in Calgary. Owners Sonia, Lucas, and Bruce Alle are setting themselves apart by offering charcuterie that is traditionally made, gluten-free, without any fillers, soy, or ingredient shortcut substitutes. At Lucs we strive to educate our customers on gourmet charcuterie and cheeses through unparalleled customer service. We are part of 2 of the busiest farmers market in Calgary. We have been at the Gasoline Alley Farmers Market for over 3 years.
Luc's European Meats
226066 112 Street West Foothills CountyCalgary, AB
Get fresh Cheese Monger/Sales Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.