Server Job Description
Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive Guest interactions while serving Guests in a friendly and efficient manner and play an integral role in ensuring our customers have exceptional dining experiences. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our Guests’ needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
The right person will be passionate about food and service and thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, outgoing disposition and previous experience working as a Server in a bustling, fast-paced restaurant setting.
· Prepare room for dining by setting condiments, napkins, service plates and utensils
· Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
· Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions
· Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
· Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
· Keep kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
· Serve orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; deliver accompaniments and condiments from service bars
· Respond to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
· Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
· Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
· Conclude dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return
· Obtain revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to cashiers, returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Following Guest ordering procedures
· Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor or manager
· Fill in for absent staff as needed
· Assist with special events as needed
· Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
· Promptly address customer service issues and refer customers to management when necessary
· Previous serving experience required
· Excellent oral communication skills required
· Positive interpersonal skills required
· Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English
· Food Handlers Card Certification
· Good speaking and listening ability
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and Holidays.
· Must be able to stand 95% of shift.
Server top skills & proficiencies:
· Knowledge of Food Service Regulations
· Verbal and Written Communication
· Basic Math
· Customer Service
· Resolve Conflict
· Energy Level
· Selling to Customers Needs
· Client Relationships
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.