The Store Manager (SM) is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store; ensures positive customer experiences; demonstrates a strong ability to meet individual sales and metric goals; drives profitable top-line sales growth and coaches store associates to consistently provide customers with an exceptional shopping experience. The Store Manager understands key business drivers and adjusts the business accordingly. The Store Manager must also have experience in assessing, recruiting and screening talent.
SM COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
The Store Manager must demonstrate a set of competencies/skills that establish them as a leader within the store. These competencies outline a skill-set that is required of a Store Manager to be successful in their role. Competencies include, but are not limited to:
People: Optimizes talent by developing direct reports, building effective teams and attracting and retaining top talent individuals. Influences people through effective communication. Drives a vision and a purpose. Drives engagement and motivates people. The SM can influence people through persuasion, directing and delegation of tasks..
Results: Stays focused on performance. The SM drives results and ensures accountability to those results. The SM is action oriented and resourceful.
Thought: Shows that they understand the business through a strong customer focus, heightened business insight and financial acumen. The SM is capable of making complex decisions. When making complex decisions the SM plans, sets priorities, and uses a strong decision quality.
Self: Remains flexible and adaptable and can manage ambiguity. The SM is resilient and maintains composure in all situations.
The Store Manager may perform other related duties as required by the Company, field leadership, and especially with regard to serving the customer.
Store Managers are required to:
- Provide and ensure legendary customer experiences consistently
- Ensure implementation of company strategies
- Establish Customer Satisfaction
- Coach, Develop and maximize the success of all associates
- Sets expectations and ensures accountability
- Maximize sales potential by coaching associates behaviors on the sales floor and in the back room
- Build a team that works well together based on the needs of the store
- Recruit, hire and staff
- Ensure training of the associate team
- Create succession planning and retain top talent
- Analyze business and create action plans
- Communicate effectively with/to team
- Direct/execute company policies/practices
- Direct merchandise flow
- Ensure visual & merchandising standards and a positive in-store experience
- Manage controllable expenses
- Maintain Lucky Brand Policies and Procedures
- Loss Prevention and Safety
- Minimum of (3) three years of specialty, luxury goods or a comparable retail environment
- Prior sales management experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfort in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team-environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify/assess top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work a flex schedule (which includes nights, weekend and holiday availability)
- Ability to bend, lift, open and move product and fixtures up to 50 lbs., as needed
- Ability to climb step stools and ladders
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time
- Possess manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to travel to other store locations (if needed) and attend district meetings
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for long periods of time. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers and management