Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Our Supplier Quality team enables the industrialization of innovative products in an extremely aggressive timeline. In this highly visible role, the Supplier Quality Manager recruits, manages and mentors a team of Quality Engineers responsible for assuring the highest quality standards for our products. He or she is the key internal interface with Engineering, Manufacturing and our suppliers to develop ways to manufacture challenging designs while at the same time not sacrificing requirements for quality.
You must be able to guide up front design development as well as roll up your sleeves with suppliers to create new manufacturing methods and control strategies when necessary to achieve ambitious specifications and ensure a flawless execution during launch.
Candidates must have strong experience managing global suppliers, be able to direct supplier activities at the management level and have the capacity to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- Build and lead a world-class team of Quality Engineers. Establish and manage priorities and project assignments for all team members.
- Create and implement departmental processes such as control plans and site audits from scratch to build a world class Supply Chain organization.
- Total ownership of supplier quality through the entire life cycle, from initial sourcing through development, tooling and industrialization phases as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
- Guide Engineering development to ensure manufacturing needs are considered in the design phase and that proper quality expectations are defined. Help select appropriate suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid's expectations and timeline.
- Work with suppliers to create new manufacturing techniques when necessary to meet design requirements.
- Perform supplier audits and site inspections. Develop process improvement plans and drive implementation. Monitor and maintain performance metrics.
- Develop, manage and improve the APQP (advanced produce quality planning) process with suppliers from initial design stage through PPAP submission and start of mass production.
- Develop quality plans, design test methods and gages, identify potential failure modes and process weaknesses and drive corrective actions.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, conduct incoming parts inspections as needed and identify and implement corrective actions.
- Travel 25% on average, occasionally on short notice.
- 7+ years of experience in an Automotive, Electronics or high volume manufacturing business and at least 3 years of experience as a team leader.
- Team development and demonstrated leadership in quality or manufacturing organizations.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings and an in-depth knowledge of quality standards and specifications in area of placement.
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability and comprehensive understanding of quality toolbox (SPC, 8D root cause analysis, tolerancing, control and inspection standards, etc).
- Certification preferred - American Society for Quality, Black Belt, Six Sigma, etc.
- Open-minded self starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve, as well manage multiple tasks and projects and concisely explain complex issues supported with data. Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- BS in Engineering, MS preferred
- MBA a plus
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.