Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Manager Logistics Operations. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the day-to-day chaos that comes from managing the logistical needs of a large scale construction while also developing and implementing all logistics processes required to have a successful new product launch. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Manage each of these activities within your area of responsibility (either directly or through a service provider):
- Warehouse Operations
- Inventory Management
- Multiple Sub-Assembly Operations
- Multiple Kitting Operations
- Switching and Shuttling Operations
- In Plant Material Handling
- Inbound Material Operations
- Outbound Shipping Operations
- Container and Returns Operations
- 5S Culture
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Packaging and Containerization
- Regulatory Compliance (FTZ, OSHA, CTPAT)
- Develop and Lead a team of 150-200 associates and management
- Participate in the development of the Annual Business Plan for logistics functions.
- Manage performance to the ABP under the direct responsibility of the Manager Logistic Operations.
- Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency for daily business requirements
- Develop, implement and execute standard operation procedures
- Lead teams to meet and exceed metrics for efficiency and accuracy
- Proactively identify root cause analysis and lead process improvement initiatives
- Communicate in real time to a diverse group of team members and stakeholders
- Build and deliver productivity plans with use of forecasts
- Evaluate performance objectives and metrics to determine productivity requirements to achieve quality expectations
- Partner with internal customers to drive overall efficiencies across the operation.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, far beyond what is in your job description
- Provide out of the box ideas by applying new technologies and best-practice / processes in the industry
- Provide logistics solutions from material arrival at the offsite to outbound shipping handoff to corporate logistics.
- Provide leadership in the execution of all tasks; direct the team and communicate requirements to both internal and external organizations
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership through effective communication and collaboration to support company goals
- Develop presentations to demonstrate solution components and value proposition
- Responsible to coordinate and oversee the installation of equipment at the facility
- Manage and provide direction to auxiliary equipment suppliers, subcontractors, and our own personnel.
- Develop and execute a QBR process with all providers.
- Ensure alignment is achieved and that the resources are available to effectively deliver on plans.
- Drive internal projects important for the area by effectively communicating and working cross functionally with resources in sales, marketing, service, R&D, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, etc.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Make decisions by assessing the situation to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- 9+ years total in Warehousing, Distribution, or Supply Chain Operations with thorough knowledge of Supply Chain systems and processes
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: material flow, warehouse design, transportation management, dedicated fleet operations, distribution center management, materials handling, decision support systems and technology
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- 2+ years direct leadership experience
- You possess the competencies needed for warehouse management - systems for inbound receipt, order fulfillment, returns processing, location management, inventory accuracy, cycle counting and removal of obsolete inventory.
- Fluency in warehouse safety programs and OHSA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Experience in automation and warehouse/logistics optimization project management
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with WMS and TMS software applications
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.