Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Group Manager, Infotainment & Software Purchasing. The Group Manager leads all company business for these areas and recruits, manages and mentors a team of Global Supply Managers and Purchasing Associates. He or she is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing to establish our global supply chain strategy, supports cross-functional teams during the development and industrialization phases and drives strategic supplier relationships that achieve cost effective procurement goals or technical advantages for the company. Candidates must have strong experience managing global suppliers, exceptional negotiation experience, knowledge of global procurement practices, contracts, laws and regulations, and the ability to lead cross-functional project teams as well as the capacity to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- Maintain total ownership of key supplier relationships and activities, both strategic and tactical, through the entire life cycle of company projects, from initial sourcing through development, tooling and industrialization phases as well as product launch and ongoing business management
- Work closely with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to identify, evaluate and select suppliers while balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Follow industry trends and develop global market analyses that enable the development of sourcing strategies and sound make-or-buy analysis supported by detailed cost projections
- Complete "should cost" and benchmarking analysis as basis for supplier pricing discussions
- Negotiate all commercial terms and conditions with suppliers for the procurement and delivery of materials, tools, equipment and services with minimal support from Legal team
- Support Engineering and Manufacturing to establish a smooth and effective supply chain transition from R&D to New Product Introduction (NPI) to full production. Ensure that manufacturability is developed at both a vehicle part and equipment level
- Help create departmental processes from scratch, at the same time mentoring and developing a team of Global Supply Managers to build a world class Procurement organization
- Track performance of team and suppliers and publish metrics on delivery, quality and cost
- Global business perspective with 7+ years of experience in an LCD displays, touch screens, lamination of cover glass and associated integration of an overall display module.
- Direct experience managing commercial contracts and pricing scenarios for Software - both embedded systems as well as subscription based products.
- High volume manufacturing experience and at least 5 years of experience as a purchasing or commodity manager in Infotainment.
- Technical capability and understanding of display assembly processes and suppliers. Successful sourcing and implementation cutting edge, best in world display solutions (e.g. curved surfaces, edges, etc).
- Product launch experience...you did not just sit behind a desk and source. Candidate must be one that will actively work with the supplier and engineering during development and industrialization ramp.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and quality principles
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and hands on execution. Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Team development and demonstrated leadership in supply chain organizations
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Bachelor's degree in technical, supply chain or finance discipline, MBA preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.