Administrative Assistant (AA) – 9th Floor 9.30.19
Support Admin Team and Various Teams in daily & organizational activities
The Administrative Assistant will directly report to the Executive Assistant. The AA is ultimately responsible for maintaining the 9th Floor Office Suite and supporting the Accounting, EHS&R, IT Teams and some of the Engineering executives. Includes: travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and expense reports. Also includes inventory, cleaning and stocking the 9th Floor Café, Copy Centers and Conference Rooms. The AA is part of a four-person Admin Team and cross trains and fills in when any of the other team members are out.
The Administrative Assistant will have the following responsibilities, in addition to other general requirements:
- Maintains the inventory of all coffee, beverage and snack items in the 9th Floor Café and Auditor Area.
- Maintains the inventory of all office supplies, paper supplies, etc., in Copy Rooms and Auditor Area on 9.
- Manages the Copy Rooms, Conference Rooms and Café to ensure cleanliness and order, including weekly deep cleaning of all areas. Cleans refrigerator and microwaves weekly.
- Upholds the professional image of our company both on the phone and when greeting visitors.
- Answers incoming calls, within two rings, positively and warmly.
- Accurately directs callers to the appropriate person, courteously and professionally.
- Greets incoming customers, vendors and other visitors in a friendly and positive way. Quickly notifies the person being visited.
- Trains with the Receptionist and provides phone coverage for lunch, breaks and all PTO time taken by Receptionist. Will also provide phone coverage while Receptionist stocks and cleans on 8.
- Supports Admin Team to order office supplies, Café supplies, and supplies for all printers.
This also includes checking in orders, putting items in Storeroom and stocking the Café on 9th Floor.
- Coordinates all mailing, including USPS, UPS and FedEx for teams on 9th Floor.
- Arranges travel for teams on the 9th Floor and creates expense reports for those team members.
- Schedules Conference Rooms for team members and oversees calendars for all Conference Rooms.
- Updates phone lists in a timely fashion throughout the 9th Floor phone spots.
- Orders catering for internal meetings and employee events on the 9th Floor.
- Participates as needed on special projects with the Admin Team.
- Confidentiality is critical for this position and a non-disclosure agreement will be executed.
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external and strong organizational abilities.
- Skilled in handling fast paced office environment by multi-tasking when necessary.
- Becomes the “go-to person” for answers to a broad range of inquiries and concerns for 9th Floor
- Informs EA of any issues with the suite, such as HVAC, leaks, problems in bathrooms, etc.
- Possesses a sense of urgency and a take charge attitude. Proactive in dealings with team members on her roster. Very detail oriented and high energy individual.
- Full time position, Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, with one hour for lunch.
- High School diploma. 2 years college preferred. Some telephone coverage preferred.
- 2 to 5 years experience as an Administrative Assistant. Travel booking experience required.
- Compensation will be based on an hourly rate and is commensurate with experience.
- This position is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Position will be permanently located in Dallas.
- Software skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)