- Over a month ago
OUR COMPANY REVOLVES AROUND MISSION-DRIVEN ENGINEERING
At Lucayan Technology Solutions LLC, we strive to solve our customer's hardest problems. Our highly focused customer-centric approach is crucial to our customer's success and ultimately ours. We aim to be a breath of fresh air: and be the most innovative organization in the Government contracting space. Sounds cliche? No worries the proof is in the pudding. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Join us if you'd like to be a part of our journey. Right here, right now, this is your chance to make history and put a ding in the universe.
Lucayan Technology LLC is looking for a Systems Administrator to support the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Information Technology Enterprise Operations and Maintenance Contract (IT EOM). USSOCOM requires comprehensive worldwide information technology (IT) support to operate and maintain the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Information Enterprise (SIE).
Systems Administrators perform tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Systems Administrators must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s systems’ hardware and software. The position requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Systems Administrators monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers. This position studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations. Systems Administrators continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure. This position manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. Systems Administrators confer with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. Systems Administrators maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
General duties include:
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Complete troubleshooting issues related to Horizon VDI components • Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
- Provide Systems Administrator support to systems hosting complex operational databases, software configuration control, and system interfaces for computer systems
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI clearance required
- Education Requirements:
- Associate degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Certification Requirements:
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II *
- MCSA relevant to the candidate's work area OR
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) OR
- Microsoft Certified Associate relevant to work area OR
- AWS Sys Ops Administrator Associate OR
- Nutanix Certified Professional OR
- Microsoft Project 2013 Inside and Out OR
- MCTS: SCCM
- Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of four years of related experience as a Systems Administrator or eight years supporting complex end user desktop and mobile device support
- Medical/dental plans w/FSA & HSA options
- Vision Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 2 weeks PTO
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Workers Compensation
- Commuter Benefits
Lucayan Technology Solutions LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?