· Help drive the development of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
· Develop the manufacturing plan and establish programs for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations and methods to ensure products conform to quality standards.
· Develop financial and labor plan controls with least amount of labor, overhead and raw material costs
· Direct Managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing, engineering and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between management/subordinate levels
· Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap. Direct implementation and maintenance of production standards.
· Supports and participates in various programs essential to manufacturing procedures, training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, Lean activities.
· Coordinates approved major projects: plant layout, capital equipment, repairs.
· Keeps current on industry information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance
· Supports financial audits and year-end inventory as requested.
· Bachelors degree and 10 years wearing several hats. Will drive production, scheduling, quality, materials, procurement and mfg processes. Should have a strong track record in Safety and Lean.