Director of Elections
Lt. Governor's Office Utah Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Lt. Governor's Office is seeking a Director of Elections to provide administrative leadership and management to the Elections Office. The Director of Elections oversees the coordination of elections administration with county clerks and municipal recorders. These activities include election official and poll worker training, voter registration, election result tabulation and canvassing, voter outreach and filing federal reports.
- Report directly and regularly to the Lieutenant Governor on all Director of Election duties, including election administration, legal, legislative, public outreach, campaign finance, lobbyist regulation, budget, and staff issues.
- Interact with state, federal, county, and municipal officials to ensure efficiency; provide analysis and interpretation of election and reporting requirements under the law
- Interpret, clarify, explain, and apply election policy and procedures, practices, federal and state laws and regulations, etc.
- Coordinate with state political parties and candidates each cycle
- Coordinate with 29 counties to unify election practices and provide training
- Coordinate with federal partners such as EAC, FVAP, DOJ, DHS/CISA
- Oversee the research and response to voter inquiries and complaints
- Coordinate with state and federal partners to keep elections safe and secure
- Oversee primary and general election preparation
- Oversee candidate signature verification
- Oversee initiative and referendum process
- Coordinate with Attorney General’s Office on legal and court case strategies
- Work with counsel to resolve complaints
- Represent the Lt. Governor’s Office on key legislative issues, task forces, committees, etc.
- Participate in the drafting and analysis of dozens of Lt. Governor’s Office bills each year, find sponsors for legislation and amendments
- Present in legislative committees and caucus meetings regarding election issues
- Draft fiscal impact statements for related bills and substitute bills each year
- Draft and present reports to the legislature
- Communicate with media regarding elections at the request of the Lt. Governor
- Coordinate with government officials from other states on elections issues
- Serve on appropriate boards, councils, committees, or task forces to coordinate election activities and facilitate elections goals and initiatives
- Provide information and analysis to the Lt. Governor and other stakeholders
- Work with education communities and other groups to provide elections-related information
Campaign Finance and Lobbyist Regulation
- Oversee the review of reports and registrations each year from political entities and lobbyists
- Create, Manage, and maintain the Elections Office Budget
- Oversee elections staff and interns
- Train, monitor, and evaluate performance
- Determine workloads and delegate assignments
- Work with chief of staff to initiate any corrective or disciplinary actions
- Work with chief of staff to interview applicants and advise the Lt. Governor on hiring new elections staff and interns
The Lt. Governor's Office is seeking a highly-skilled professional with exceptional management experience and political acumen. The ideal candidate will have experience with election administration and voter registration, in addition to budget management experience.
The State of Utah offers a highly competitive benefits package! If you would like information about benefit options available, please view out website.
Lt. Governor's Office Utah
350 N State StreetSalt Lake City, UT
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Lt. Governor's Office Utah