Business Manager - Grant Administration (School of Nursing)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Business Manager – Grant Administration provides pre and post-award business management services to the faculty of the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing (MNSON), including serving as internal resource on funder policies, procedures and systems; attending conferences, workshops and webinars to remain up to speed with grant and contract policy; establishing procedures based on university policy, funder requirements, and best practices; providing training and preparing training materials; preparing grant budgets and organizing grant submissions; establishing subcontracts; completing post-award setup procedures; processing payroll action forms, payment requisitions, expense reimbursements and purchase orders; approving procurement card transactions, generating consultant agreements; reviewing grant expenditures and compiling burn rate data; record keeping and document tracking; reporting on grant statistics, etc.
The Business Manager – Grant Administration works directly with the Associate Dean for Research and Scholarly Innovation, the Endowed Research Professor, the Research Committee, and faculty of the MNSON, and reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance and Business Operations. In addition, the Business Manager works collaboratively with the Office of Research Services (ORS) and the Office of Sponsored Program Accounting (SPA).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees preparation and submission of all grant proposals, including subcontracts.
- Completes all pre-award administrative procedures via internal research portal.
- Assists principal investigator (PI) with budget development and budget justification, in accordance with internal and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Ensures PI and key personnel complete required waivers and training, and follow all internal grant submission procedures.
- Reviews all proposal elements for accuracy and advises PI on institutional and sponsor submission requirements.
- Prepares files in proper format for electronic submission.
- Routes documents through various committees and departments expediting approval to meet deadlines.
- Works with ORS to submit grant applications and obtain institutional endorsement on all grant applications.
- Maintains grant submission documentation in SON grant files.
- Stays up to date on all new federal and state regulations that apply to the grant process; interprets agency-specific guidelines/regulations that apply to the proposal and award process.
- Prepares weekly grant submission and summary reports for Associate Dean for Research.
- Initiates grant setup for all awarded grants and maintains post-award grant documentation in SON grant files.
- Routes grant notice of awards (NOAs) for execution via ORS.
- Assists PI with budget modifications and uploads final post-award budgets via internal research portal.
- Obtains endorsement on signature cards, sets-up PI and other users with access to new grant accounting units, and ensures PI will receive SPA automated reports.
- Assists PI with grant funds disbursement according to approved budget, adhering to all internal and external grant policies and procedures.
- Initiates all faculty, staff and student personnel action forms, and salary transfers.
- Assists PI with the purchasing of equipment, acquisition of services, and processing of all related vendor payments.
- Obtains quotes, processes equipment/supply orders, and prepares purchasing checklists.
- Assist PI with generating consultant contracts, scope of work documents, payment terms, workers classification forms, and W-9 documentation.
- Prepares and submits POs, payment requisitions and expense reimbursements; maintains financial files and responds to status inquires.
- Process ProCard payments and approves PI ProCard transactions.
- Works closely with SPA and PI to address post award inquires and project change requests.
- Assist PI with sponsor inquires and reporting requirements.
- In cooperation with PI, SPA, and ORS, communicates with sponsor when questions, approval requests and/or project changes arise; uploads requests via sponsor systems, as required.
- Monitors grant expenditures to ensure accuracy of posted salary and non-salary expenses, prepares burn rate spreadsheets on a monthly basis for review with PI and SPA, and process expense and salary transfers, as needed.
- Tracks and reports on faculty, staff, and student grant effort; assists with grant staff and student time card approvals.
- Ensures effort and payroll accuracy and certifies quarterly effort reporting; trains PI on effort certification procedures and related university policy.
- Manages research stimulation and internal startup funds procedures and expense processing.
- Assists SPA and PI with grant closeout procedures.
Support of other SON research-related activities
- Develops and maintains internal forms, policies, procedures and training materials for sponsored and research startup projects, and research stimulation activities.
- Provides training to PI of all levels, as needed.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Loyola University Chicago is a great place to work! We aim to provide excellent benefit offerings, a diverse, inclusive and equitable campus environment, and a work experience designed to help faculty, staff, and students develop personally and professionally through collaborative engagement. Thank you in advance for your interest in working at Loyola University Chicago.
Loyola University Chicago
2160 S 1st AveMaywood, IL
Non ProfitView all jobs at Loyola University Chicago
Get fresh Grants Administration jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.