BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Lowndes is seeking a Business Development & Communications Manager. This is a dynamic role that goes beyond communications and content: you will work collaboratively with senior leadership to help drive strategic initiatives. You will drive the firm’s messaging through multiple marketing channels and write/edit/manage the firm’s communications and digital content. You will collaborate with attorneys on presentations and new business proposals as well as media opportunities. This role reports to – and works closely with – the Director of Business Development & Communications.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Build relationships with editors/key media contacts, identify potential press opportunities, and collaborate with attorneys and clients to turn those opportunities into media exposure.
· Develop, write/edit, and oversee distribution of the firm’s external communications (e.g., client alerts, eblasts, newsletters, blogs, podcasts).
· Integrate and align digital marketing content and operations – including website, blogs, email marketing and social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).
· Work closely with attorneys and other firm personnel to prepare RFP responses and create pitch packages for new business.
Qualifications and key success criteria:
· Minimum 7-10 years of experience in external communications or media relations (professional service firm experience a plus).
· Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing is preferred but equivalent experience will be considered.
· Ability to manage media relations proactively and reactively.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility, resourcefulness, the ability to juggle multiple priorities and personalities and adhere to deadlines.
Excellent salary and benefits package. Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Lowndes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.