Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Merchandising Service Associate, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and engaging vendors and associates to meet store needs.
- Ensuring signage, pricing information, and displays are accurate so that merchandise is easy to locate.
- Creating visually appealing product selections that are safe, clean, and easy for customers to access.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Builds relationships with vendors by providing direction and checking to ensure merchandise resets are completed according to Lowe's specifications.
- Collaborates with the Merchandising Service team and Manager by communicating project priorities, schedule, and project needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time).
- Analyzes metrics and provides feedback on project execution and in-store service to store, market, and corporate leaders.
- Understands customers' needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Moves or replaces beams and grids, rotates stock, builds products, and displays products and support materials using power equipment (e.g., lifts, order pickers) per reset and/or project instructions and processes.
- Identifies damaged products, removes them from the shelves, delivers them to Return to Manufacturer (RTM) area, and signs off on the products as defective.
- Verifies buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping.
- Identifies damaged or missing signage, displays, and collateral and orders replacements in accordance with merchandising standards and planogram details.
- Updates/validates wayfinding and product location signage as well as digital maintenance of this information throughout the store.
- Confirms that product pricing information is visible and clear and resolves/replaces any missing pricing labels.
- Ensures cross merchandise, side stack products, j-hooks and gravity feed bins are placed appropriately, helping to drive add-on sales.
- Works with store leadership to stage clearance and damaged merchandise for quick sale.
- Sorts products in bins, drawers and boxes to ensure that they are in the proper location.
- Reviews, completes, and enters completion details (when, what, amount of time spent, taking and uploading photographs to confirm servicing completion, etc.) for all assigned merchandise reset, service, and maintenance tasks.
- Ensures all reset displays are safe and in working order and repaired/replaced as needed.
- Repairs/seals damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items.
- Removes all trash, moves cardboard boxes to the bailer, and moves plastic wrap and other debris to the compactor.
- Replaces light bulbs and alerts Facility Services Associate (FSA) when additional maintenance issues are noted (lights out, painting, etc.).
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Ability to work overnight and weekends as required.
- Ability to utilize web based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months of Lowe's sales floor experience.
- 6 months of experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
- 3 months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws).
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
Department: LWSSTRProduct Service
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Part time
Location #: 2519
Location Name: Starkville, MS
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.