Title - DO NOT EDIT: Non-CDL DRIVER
Location #: 0413
Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Non-CDL Driver, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Verifying that merchandise is in good condition, accurately accounted for, and delivered to customers on-time.
- Inspecting delivery vehicles and ensuring the safety and security of the loading and unloading process.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Contacts customers regarding delivery or coordinates with the truck driver to call the customer.
- Plans delivery activities, prints loading tickets, and delivers merchandise according to schedule to ensure on-time delivery of orders.
- Pulls merchandise, builds and bands delivery loads, and loads trucks (within payload) according to delivery order.
- Inspects condition of products (e.g., appliances) before loading for delivery or assisting customer with loading.
- Matches items on invoice with quantities loaded by verifying descriptions, items, and model numbers.
- Retrieves merchandise and returns items to store at the customer's request.
- Ensures that the loads are safe, secure, and within Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Updates delivery and route status (e.g., on-site, completed) on system (e.g., iPhone) for tracking purposes.
- Unloads, installs, and tests appliances upon delivery.
- Verifies daily vehicle inspections and reports and ensures cleanliness, maintenance, and repairs for delivery vehicles and other equipment (e.g., lift gates).
- Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) reporting to maintain DOT certification.
- Submits a driver's log when necessary.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to comply with DOT and CDL regulations.
- Valid medical certificate or ability to obtain one upon employment.
- Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company requirements.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- 6 months of experience performing in-home delivery OR retail customer service.
Job ID: 1748949BR
Employment Type I: Regular
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
District: LWS_USA_Market - 0862
Employment Type II: Full time
Job Posting Title: Non-CDL DRIVER
Zip Code: 37115-2655
Location Name: Madison, TN
EEO Statement: Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Location Address: 10 E Campbell Rd