Title - DO NOT EDIT: Customer Services Associate I Loader
Department: LWS_STR_Building Materials
Location #: 2627
Monday, February 18, 2019
Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Load Puller, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer needs.
- Ensuring merchandise is in good condition, accurately accounted for, and delivered to customers on time.
- Pulling merchandise safely for loading onto delivery trucks.
The Load Puller helps ensure that the right products are delivered to our customers by accurately pulling, inspecting and preparing merchandise for delivery, as well as verifying invoices against loaded products. Most of this associate's time is spent ensuring deliveries are ready upon truck arrival, but may also unload and stock merchandise, including large appliances.
- Provides superior customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
Although majority of time of time will be spent in activities that do not involve the direct interaction with customers, the individual in this role is expected to engage with customers when the opportunity arises. This includes:
- Understands customers' needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Contacts customers regarding delivery or coordinates with the truck driver to call the customer.
- Plans delivery activities, prints loading tickets, and delivers merchandise according to schedule to ensure on-time delivery of orders.
- Pulls merchandise, builds and bands delivery loads, and loads trucks (within payload) according to delivery order.
- Inspects condition of products (e.g., appliances) before loading for delivery or assisting customer with loading.
- Matches items on invoice with quantities loaded by verifying descriptions, items, and model numbers.
- Retrieves merchandise and returns items to store at the customer's request.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Ensures that the loads are safe, secure, and within Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Refuels and charges store equipment.
- Puts away appliances and organizes back room.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- 6 months of experience performing in-home delivery OR retail customer service.
Job ID: 1665738BR
Employment Type I: Regular
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
District: LWS_USA_Market - 1295
Employment Type II: Full time
Job Posting Title: Full-Time Loader
Zip Code: 55369-7201
Location Name: Maple Grove, MN
EEO Statement: Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Location Address: 11201 Fountains Dr
City: Maple Grove