Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Customer Service Associate/Loader, this means:
- Being friendly, professional, and engaging customers to help answer questions.
- Retrieving, loading, and replenishing merchandise.
- Helping customers and staff move merchandise safely.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand their needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Provides prompt support to all checkout functions, call buttons, departmental pages, or requests for assistance.
- Pulls orders for customers and contractors, using power equipment to handle freight when needed.
- Down stocks merchandise by looking for empty areas on shelves and replenishing supplies.
- Validates items being carried in and out of the store when appropriate.
- Cleans the parking lot of carts and ensures carts are appropriately placed for shopping throughout the store.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 6 months retail experience.
- 6 months experience as a Loader at any home improvement or hardware retailer.
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store.
- 6 months retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, down stocking, facing/fronting product, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping.
- 6 months experience in any industry inspecting, carrying, loading, and unloading product or material in or out of vehicles.
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
Department: LWSSTRPro Services
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 0577
Location Name: Foley, AL
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.