Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Customer Service Associate - Sales Floor, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and engaging customers to help with project needs and answer questions.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, handled, and ready for customer pick-up.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits and credit programs, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Cross-functionally trains in other areas of the store to help deliver the best customer service.
- Provides prompt support to all checkout functions, call buttons, departmental pages, or requests for assistance.
- Generates leads for Project Specialist Exterior (PSE) programs by actively engaging customers in their project needs.
- Down stocks merchandise by looking for empty areas on shelves and replenishing supplies.
- Prepares merchandise in department of responsibility based on customer requirements/specifications (e.g., tints and mixes paint, cuts and threads pipe, cuts and bundles wood, cuts drywall, cuts blinds).
- Uses store systems to prioritize loads, print pricing labels, and to look up items or item numbers for price and inventory information.
- Monitors merchandise entering and leaving the store entrances and exits and assists customers or associates who trigger the alarm.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- Certification in trade related to department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of retail experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 1 year of retail experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 1 year of retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, down stocking, facing/fronting product, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping.
- 1 year of retail experience in related department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of experience in a customer service position at a home improvement or hardware retailer in related department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, evaluating, and coaching employees.
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
Department: LWSSTRInside Lawn & Garden
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Part time
Location #: 1744
Location Name: Fultondale, AL
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.