The Contact Center Agent - Repair Services serves as a first point of contact for customers who contact Lowe's for post-purchase assistance with selected items, including Appliances and Outdoor Power Equipment.
The Agent supports multiple customer contact types by phone, including: troubleshooting to diagnose or solve product performance issues; scheduling service appointments; answering questions about warranty and Extended Protection Plan coverage; complaint resolution; working directly with Independent Service Providers to facilitate quick and complete repairs; and other repair related inquiries and services. This position is in a fast-paced call center environment and schedules include night and/or weekend work.
- Assist customers with questions, troubleshooting, scheduling repairs, and other repair-related contact types. Includes diagnosing the problem in order to determine the appropriate course of action. Accomplish this by listening to the caller's needs, asking follow up questions as necessary to gather information, accessing information, documenting the call, providing information and/or resolving the caller's issues or transferring the call to another department or pro as needed.
- Use the computer/telephone system to ensure calls are properly handled.
- Ask questions to determine the caller's interests and needs.
- Obtain customer information and record notes during and after calls in order to accurately document customer information and to aid future conversations with the customer.
- Utilize appropriate screens and information, using computer help systems to process transactions or to respond to caller requests.
- Work with other associates to relay customer information and to quickly diagnose the customer situation and the customer's perspective in order to handle transferred calls appropriately.
- Respond with empathy to dissatisfied/irate customers by understanding the situation and making appropriate decisions to resolve the situation.
- Use appropriate judgment to resolve customer issues or escalate the call to a Pro or other Contact Center group, such as Repair Services or Sales.
- Identify consistent customer patterns and trends that might require follow up and inform management to ensure the Contact Center continues to provide excellent customer service.
- Work with Supervisors to evaluate unique customer situations that might require one or more of the following: unit replacement; monetary compensation or other concessions; or sourcing alternate Independent Service Providers.
- Work with Independent Service Providers to: get updates on repair status; provide information on parts availability and delays; schedule/reschedule repair appointments; and review cost of repairs.
- Call types include but are not limited to: troubleshooting appliance problems; scheduling service; questions about warranties and Extended Protection Plans; EPP registrations; complaints about stores, products, and service providers; requests for receipt copies; orders for parts and owner's manuals; and other repair-related inquiries.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Active Listening
- Attention to Detail
- Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Multitasking and Time Management
- Computer and Keyboarding
- Verbal Communication
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Sales
Department: LWSUSAContact Ctr Albuquerque Ops
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 3254
Location Name: Albuquerque, NM
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.