Box Truck Delivery Driver II
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Driver II is primarily responsible for in apartment and/or line haul deliveries within designated market. The Driver II works directly with the Branch General manager to ensure on-time, accurate, and safe deliveries, while providing exceptional service to our customers. This associate builds a positive relationship with customers every day and ensures their needs are met.
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Plans delivery activities, prints loading tickets, and delivers merchandise according to schedule to ensure on-time delivery of orders.
- Utilizes hand-held device technology to capture signatures for all deliveries.
- Matches items on invoice with quantities loaded by verifying descriptions, items, and model numbers.
- May support with warehouse operations as needed, to include pulling, checking, stocking and other tasks.
- Verifies daily vehicle inspections and reports and ensures cleanliness, maintenance, and repairs for delivery vehicles and other equipment (e.g., lift gates).
- Escalates customer, complaints, dissatisfaction, and procedure violations.
- Partners with sales team and other departments to ensure efficient and coordinated customer service.
- Adheres to all safety and compliance guidelines, to include policy and procedure for the operation of company vehicles and warehouse equipment.
- In Apartment Delivery (IAD): Delivers and unloads merchandise within apartment buildings, per customer direction.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 2 years of experience with box truck driving; Gross Vehicle Weight ranging from 14,500 lbs. to 26,000 lbs.
- Ability to comply with DOT and CDL regulations.
- High School or GED.
- 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- 6 months of experience performing in-home deliver OR retail customer service.
What We Offer
Associate Benefits include: Competitive pay, Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Disability insurance, Paid time off, including vacation, holidays, sick and volunteer time, Flexible spending and health savings accounts, 401(k) Retirement account with company match, Employee Assistance Program with concierge, work/life services and no-cost counseling for all kinds of needs, Education support program to include tuition reimbursement, Business Travel Accident insurance, Maternity and Parental leave, Adoption assistance, Lowe’s Associate Discount and broad discount platform. Benefits offerings change each year and eligibility varies. For the most up-to-date breakdown of what’s available to you, visit MyLowesBenefits.com.
EEO Statement: Lowe’s Pro Supply is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Join our team! We offer many opportunities for talented individuals who have a drive to succeed and a passion for serving others. Lowe’s Pro Supply, a subsidiary of Lowe’s, is growing rapidly and in search of team members to grow with us. We seek to attract talent that shares our core values. We take action, show courage, relentlessly focus on our customers and are committed to continuous learning and a culture of inclusion.
Lowe's Pro Supply
301 Bartlett StNorthborough, MA
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?