Grounds Coordinator (Parks & Recreation)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Parks and Recreation Grounds Coordinator (City of Dunwoody)
Who We Are
Lowe Engineers is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, and mapping consultant serving a wide array of public and private sector clients. We strive to provide the highest quality product with individual needs being our highest priority. We commit to always go the extra mile and do what we say we are going to do!
We strive to create a culture of professionalism that is relationship oriented. Our Core Values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families, as well as our entire community. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while promoting a balance of professional and private life.
Your Impact at Lowe Engineers:
The purpose of this job is to perform a variety of duties associated with maintaining and providing support to the City of Dunwoody Parks and Recreation Department along with the Public Works Department to include but not limited to grounds maintenance, janitorial and enhancements. Responsibilities include coordinating upkeep and maintenance activities and supervising contracted service for routine maintenance, repairs and enhancements to the City park facilities as well as work closely with the Police Department to provide additional oversite to activities in the parks. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Parks and Recreation Operations Manager.
• Supervises staff to include prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations
• Coordinates the development of bid specifications, proposal review and evaluation, and the award process
• Oversees a section of the department budget and monitors expenditures
• Reviews development and construction plans and ensures compliance with specifications
• Develops and adjusts park or field maintenance schedules and oversees the completion these activities on site
• Inspects parks and community facilities to ensure safety, cleanliness, and project tasks are competed properly
• Oversees the maintenance of parks or fields such as mowing, trimming, and related grounds maintenance
• Oversees the maintenance of recreational fields such as applying top dressing, dragging, aerating, and lining fields
• Oversees the cleaning, mopping, and maintenance of supplies in community and department facilities
• Monitors the safe environment and cleanliness of an assigned site(s)
• Oversees electrical, carpentry, plumbing repairs, and other maintenance on facilities, fences, and equipment
• Completes forms and paperwork regarding daily operations
• Reviews forms completed by staff, advises staff on operations, and develops supplemental reports
• Attends staff meetings to discuss department needs and objectives
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or levels
• Itemizes repairs within work order-based software applications
• Responds to citizen and department concerns for park facilities, grounds, and public Right of Way
• Maintains communication with staff and public regarding park projects and repairs
• Helps with the setup and breakdown of City events
What You Bring to Lowe Engineers:
• Associate degree in Parks and Recreation or a related field
• Four years of grounds maintenance experience, including two years of supervisory experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License (Class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
• 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all full-time employees
• Competitive dental and vision plans available
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA’s)
• 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
• Life insurance and AD&D insurance
• Pet Insurance
• Legal Shield and ID Shield
• 401K match
• Work/life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Individualized training and mentor programs
• Professional development including certification and testing
• Professional membership support
• Employee discounts with Verizon, AT&T, and many others
• Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events
• Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup and multiple STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Lowe also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.
Lowe’s expertise is a result of a targeted growth plan that integrates technical superiority of equipment and staff, service excellence, and ethical management standards. This planned growth has positioned Lowe as a forward-thinking industry leader on the forefront technology with skilled staff and integrated management systems. We currently employ over 100 employees, most of which can provide multi-discipline experience. Our related experience ranges from small on-demand consulting contracts to large multi-disciplined design projects.
Lowe is registered with the City of Atlanta and Georgia Department of Transportation as a Small Business and is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Vietnam Era. Our staff has obtained the experience and expertise to understand the requirements of state, federal, and local governmental clients, and are well informed in both the industrial and private sectors. Lowe Engineers has extensive experience supporting all aspects of the design, development, and construction process, from conceptual planning and field surveys to design and specifications for construction, as well as, cost estimating, bid coordination services, project management, and construction supervision. The entire Lowe team shares a commitment to excellence and a commitment to produce the highest quality, most cost-effective product in the market today. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with comprehensive services and a turnkey operation tailored to meet the demands of our diverse clientele. Lowe’s expertise is a result of a targeted growth plan that integrates technical superiority of equipment and staff, service excellence, and ethical management standards. This planned growth has positioned Lowe as a forward-thinking industry leader on the forefront technology with skilled staff and integrated management systems. We currently employ over 100 employees, most of which can provide multi-discipline experience. Our related experience ranges from small on-demand consulting contracts to large multi-disciplined design projects.