Medical Billing Specialist
Lowcountry Lung & Critical Care is growing and has an immediate opening for a Medical Billing Specialist. In this role, duties will include:
- Correctly code office visit and hospital charges
- Post daily office visits and hospital charges into our PM system
- Daily balancing and processing of claims
- Follow up with insurance companies regarding claim submissions and payments
- Manage patient account payments and balances and answering any questions from patients and family members regarding account status.
- Produce and maintain daily and monthly accounts receivable reports.
- Scan necessary information into patient charts
- Attempt to handle problems as they may arise before sending to Billing Manager
- Maintain patient confidentiality; comply with all HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Facilitate any physician requests throughout the day
- Attend all regular staff meetings
- Complete all duties as assigned by the management.
- High School Diploma
- CPC certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess a detailed knowledge of medical terminology
- Detailed knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding applications
- Possess adequate computer skills and ability to navigate EMR system
- Able to multitask while maintaining accuracy
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Always display a collegial, courteous, positive and helpful attitude towards other medical personal, patients and their families, LLCC staff and physicians
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment
- Be reliable and highly motivated to excel
- Ability to follow directions and office procedures
- Arrive on time and ready to work each day
Lowcountry Lung and Critical CareCharleston, SC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.