Impact Officer and Data Analyst, ECE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOW INCOME INVESTMENT FUND
IMPACT OFFICER AND DATA ANALYST, Early Care and Education Program
Location: San Francisco preferred. Other LIIF office locations may be considered. (Due to COVID-19, the position is remote until further notice, and subject to the Company’s directives on return to work.)
Reports to: Vice President, Early Care and Education
Exempt classification: Exempt
Status: Regular, full time
The Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF) is a non-profit community development financial
institution that mobilizes capital and partners to achieve opportunity, equity and well-being for people and communities. LIIF innovates financial solutions that center racial equity to create more equitable outcomes for all by building and preserving affordable homes, quality educational opportunities from early childhood through higher education, health clinics, healthy food retail and community facilities. In this way, LIIF provides a bridge between private capital markets and communities. LIIF’s headquarters is in San Francisco and there are additional offices in Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, and Washington D.C. More on LIIF can be found at liifund.org.
The Impact Officer and Data Analyst, Early Care and Education (ECE) Programs is responsible for all aspects of data analytics, including defining questions and metrics, mining data, identifying trends, and reporting findings. Additionally, the Data Analyst will be committed to transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for the continued innovation and growth of the ECE Program at LIIF.
The Data Analyst reports directly to the Vice President of Early Care and Education.
- Work directly with program leadership to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs and provide recommendations, including identifying research questions and developing metrics for tracking progress of current projects, informing decision-making, and evaluating new LIIF opportunities
- Oversee and manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of analytic systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain protocols for collecting, handling, processing, cleaning, and analyzing data
- Responsible for training staff to effectively record data into relevant systems
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary
- Manage processing of confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Independently analyze data to answer key questions of LIIF and ECE leadership, funders, policymakers, and other stakeholders
- Exercise discretion to identify and interpret trends and opportunities for growth, improvement, and efficiency
- Develop reports and visually informative analysis (including graphs, tables, illustrations) from multiple data sources
- Lead trainings for staff on reports and dashboards
- Communicate results of complex analyses in plain language for internal and external audiences with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and levels of experience
- Assist the VP, ECE Programs with additional programs as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the following areas:
- Specialized training, and strong understanding of technology, cloud-based systems, and data base systems such as Salesforce and Submittable
- Experience with statistical software including Excel, and/or SPSS, and SAS
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Outstanding reporting and data visualization skills
- Ability to work with individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds, interests, and needs, including partner organizations
- Good oral and written communication skills (bilingual preferred), and confidence in making public presentations
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all areas of responsibility, and to work independently with minimal to no, supervision
- Willingness to occasionally travel within California once the pandemic lifts, and work some evening and weekend hours, as needed
In addition, the ideal candidate will approach all aspects of work through an equity lens and demonstrate personal alignment with the mission of LIIF. The candidate must share the belief that everyone in the United States should benefit from living in a community of opportunity, equity, and well-being.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Educational background should include degree work in a relevant area of study such as mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or computer science. A bachelor's degree is required, and an advanced degree is preferred. Certifications in programming languages or other areas related to data analytics will be noted. In addition, the position requires a high degree of self-motivation, creativity, flexibility with time, and willingness to accept a demanding (and personally satisfying) position. Equally important are strong time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines and to direct and motivate others, and a genuine personal commitment to LIIF's mission. A minimum of five years related professional experience desired.
HOW TO APPLY:
Forward resume and cover letter to:
Via our recruitment portal:
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Low Income Investment Fund does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Low Income Investment Fund shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Low Income Investment Fund.
We do not accept unsolicited phone calls. Only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
LIIF, an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer), believes that diversity ensures excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or national origin. Candidates of diverse background and with diverse experience are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Low Income Investment Fund
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Low Income Investment Fund