Louth Callan Renewables Enfield, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Louth Callan Renewables, we don't accept the status quo. We are driven by a culture of teamwork, fearless thinking, safety, and adaptability to pursue our mission of empowering a brighter future.
After years in business, Louth Callan Renewables is a trusted name in the solar industry and is well-known for its strong employee culture. We combine the stability and wisdom gained by decades in business with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our employees are driven and animated by the Louth Callan Renewables System of Excellence, an operating framework detailing our mission, vision, strategy, cultural principles, and working systems.
Here's how a Solar Estimator for our U.S. Head Office in Denver, CO contributes to our team:
· Conducts detailed analysis of contract documents (isometric, as-built, and engineering drawings) and specifications for medium complex bid/lump sum projects to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.).
· Takes ownership of all estimates.
· Identifies associated risk factors, including monitoring of published addenda that may alter original project scope.
· Establish a pursuit schedule (estimate and proposal).
· Establishes a critical path schedule, including milestone dates and completion timelines to meet contract completion dates for small-to-medium projects.
· Completes a full quantity take-off of all labor, equipment, and materials for small to medium scopes.
· Captures and understands trade scopes and communicates gaps / missing information.
· Obtains current material and construction equipment pricing from purchasing department and ensures that bid validity and price escalation are addressed to meet project needs.
· Validates construction equipment and material rates for basic inclusions (e.g., currency, freight, taxes, bid exclusions).
· Completes material quantities and construction equipment list for the lead estimator.
· Identifies and gives lead estimator special requirements in technical specifications and requirements for weather protection, cranes, hoists, temporary facilities, and services.
· Identifies productivity impacts: weather, shifts, location, labor availability, site constraints, operating facility, etc.
· Creates preliminary general expense and construction schedule plan for review with lead or chief estimator and key stakeholders.
· Schedules estimating team reviews.
· Assists in preparing final tender documents for submission to the client to meet contract deadline requirements.
· Completes as-bid estimate.
· Performs conceptual quantity takeoffs to support construction management and design-build pursuits.
· Leads a winning strategy development.
· Participates in assembling and generating proposal submissions review involving written components (e.g., proposals, prequels)
· Schedules scoping review meetings with key trades during bid period and develops and maintains strong relationships with trade contractors for the best price.
· Recognizes risk as opportunities.
· Performs quantity, material, and labor takeoff from drawings, specifications, and related documents.
· Applies material unit prices or adds material allowances to the estimate.
· Assists with bid document control (e.g., includes addenda in a set of working drawings, includes RFIs, distributes information to estimating team; archives information/recaps and files on a local server.
· Documents all information relating to the estimate and archives and organizes such information to transfer to the project team upon successful award.
· A fixed-price job ensures that bid validity, escalation, and additional work terms meet project requirements for medium scopes.
· Supports a lead bid runner / submits tender on bid-day to understand the urgency, importance, effective communication, and exposure to the culmination of bid efforts.
· Performs bid-day assignments as per lead estimator and supports other estimators to successfully close various scopes.
· Solicits competitive pricing from trade contractors and suppliers for pursuit support.
· Updates lead estimator of scope (i.e., "will bid").
· Supports updating and maintenance of trade contractor database information.
· Reads all bid documents for small-to-medium jobs pertaining to their discipline.
· Assists in developing CAD drawings, work plans, crane pick plans, etc.
· Attends preliminary site visits with more senior staff for mentoring.
· Assists estimate lead or populate tender forms.
· Uses contract terms to identify risks/opportunities associated with contract/ project documents.
· Applies base labor productivities and all relevant factors to the quantities.
· Extends labor costs from productivities.
· Generates RFIs for review with the lead estimator after reviewing specifications and drawings.
· Completes material quantities and construction equipment list for lead estimator.
· Recognizes self-perform vs trade work in scope analysis.
· Understands proposal requirements and anticipates what the pursuit lead needs for the proposal (e.g., format, level of detail).
· Completes final cost estimate, adding all labor, equipment, material data, pricing documentation, overhead, and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission for review and approval of chief estimator and district management
· Recognizes risks related to project-specific requirements, site, schedule, and market conditions/ constraints.
· Develops and maintains strong customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders, specifically trade contractors for the best price.
· Models the solution provider values and profitability culture.
· Other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
· Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Sustainable Energy or equivalent degree.
· Must have estimating experience (3-5 years) in a Solar Industry/construction environment.
· Successfully led pursuits valued at up to $25 million in delivery model hard bid/lump sum, construction management/cost reimbursable target price, and design-build.
· Experience with self-perform estimates and productivity understanding.
· General construction knowledge; understands specifications, materials, methods, and procedures gained through site visits or on-site experience.
· Proficient with basic principles of mathematics acumen.
· Understands and uses takeoff systems.
· Understands and uses LCR's estimating manuals, systems, and forms.
· Knowledge of the various departments at LCR and their functions.
· Understands how to apply LCR estimating manuals, systems, software, and forms.
· Intermediate knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity takeoff procedures, trade contractor procurement, interdepartmental functions, pricing, and bid-closing procedures.
· Exposure to general expense philosophy and pricing.
· Ability to use contract terms to identify risks/opportunities with contract/project documents.
· Able to read isometric, as-built, and engineering drawings.
· Familiar with different delivery methods: hard bid, guaranteed maximum price (GMP), unit price, design-build, target prices, and cost-reimbursable.
· Ability to use compensation model to help build winning strategies.
· Working knowledge of estimating self-perform work (IND).
· Understand the impact of market conditions, business trends, and competitors.
· Able to converse with and solicit trades and comfortable with cold-calling.
· Ability to actively contribute to team dynamics.
· Resourceful and self-motivated with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills as an influencer with key stakeholders.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
· Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and internal operations systems: scheduling and estimating software.
· Working knowledge of CAD software
Louth Callan RenewablesWhy Work Here?
The fastest-growing New England-based start-up solar company approaching 1GW of work available. Great culture, leadership, and pay.
Louth Callan Renewables (LCR) is an experienced solar construction and investment firm headquartered in New England. LCR builds optimized renewable energy projects including solar PV, and battery storage, and provides quality pre-construction and O&M services.
55 main streetEnfield, CT
ConstructionView all jobs at Louth Callan Renewables