- $65,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
COME JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
Louis M. Gerson, Co., Inc. is looking for an exceptional Sr. Accountant to work in our corporate office in the Middleboro, MA.
(Only candidates within a 30 mile radius should apply - no relocation).
We are an established company that invests in our team and offers real opportunities for rewarding work. In addition to competitive pay our team also enjoys great benefits, including medical, dental, HRA, 401k, life insurance, and generous paid time off.
For over 65 years, Gerson products have been used world-wide. What began as a small vision in 1956 of creating simple disposable paint filter, has evolved into a full-fledged mission of automation and innovation that has brought us into developing and creating a full range of air-purifying respirators, filters for cleaning paints and solvents, tack cloths for removal of surface particulates, chemical cartridges, and melt-blown filter. Safety is our top priority, and we know that millions of people rely on our products to keep themselves and others safe!
Do you have a passion for Accounting and pride in a job well done? If so, please consider applying for this position today!
The primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant will assist the accounting office with a variety of duties, including bank reconciliations, payroll processing and accounts receivable processing. Additional tasks to assist the department will be assigned as needed.
- Have complete responsibility/ownership bi-weekly payroll and ensuring the timely submission of data to outside payroll processor
- Data entry of W-4 tax changes, Direct Deposit information, insurances, garnishments, and other payroll related input
- Complete all aspects payroll processing from employee maintenance, time entry and payroll submission, along with auditing it for accuracy once files are returned
- Reconciliation of timecards
- Prepare journal entries and accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policy. Maintain the appropriate level of documentation and support for these entries
- Reconcile the biweekly payroll against the payroll registers for accuracy and notes any discrepancies
Issue manual hand checks upon requests for employees
- Research payroll issues and provides a resolution to issues and communicates resolution to stakeholders in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and provide a resolution to the issues
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (Payroll, personal information, leave of absence and workers compensation administration, benefit deductions, status & pay rate changes etc.)
- Other Payroll related tasks/projects as needed
- Work with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have a significant internal or external effect
- Perform credit analysis for new customers and prepare credit file for approval
- Support Accounts Receivable by compiling invoices, posting receipts, and filing on an as needed basis
- Participation in ad-hoc financial and accounting projects as needed
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Perform daily banking requirements including credit card receipt reconciliation.
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts
- Responsible for investigating and resolving discrepancies between general ledger and third party providers
- Collaborate with the finance department to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Implement more efficient procedures to save Company money and/time
- Resolve customer payment discrepancies and shortage
- Create customer credit memos
- Daily sales reporting
- Respond to inquiries from the Chief Financial Officer, and other company managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business and a minimum of three years of related experience.
- GAAP: 3 years (Required)
- Proficient with computer and Microsoft applications. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word.
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail, accuracy and good record keeping.
- Must use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new technology software applications.
- Experience with Payroll Systems.
- Must have a good understanding of the IRS and state laws and regulations related to payroll, benefits, payroll taxes and other related items.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Full-time Monday - Friday
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Louis M Gerson Co IncMiddleboro, MA
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.