IT - Business Analyst
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.Job Description
This position collaborates with trading, operations, technology and business support partners to identify, develop, and implement world-class solutions for a global merchandiser and processor of agricultural goods. This position will require work on systems that range from in house developed applications to vendor solutions and address solutions that cover trading and employee service functions. Some projects will originate locally but others may be driven by a global program and require collaboration between local and global teams. The activities required can span from discovery and analysis, through to development, testing and implementation and on rare occasions travel may be required to our local or global locations.
This role is hybrid and required to be in the office 3 days a week.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Partners with business unit personnel at multiple locations to understand business needs and translate those needs into functional requirements
- Develops test cases and performs full functional regression and performance testing and manages user acceptance testing; defines roll out strategies and deploys solutions
- Researches, identifies, and documents current system, reporting or procedural problems
- Determines significant tasks and requirements for project definition and establishes feasibility
- Supports portfolio managers and performance measurement groups; provides ongoing support for deployed solutions; advises users on data entry, navigation, workflows and related issues.
- Creates and manages project plans; devises streamlined user manuals and training seminars
- Assists in developing technical requirements and functional business specifications
- Works with business unit personnel and technical personnel to identify current processes, required processes and future state processes
- Documents future state processes and system functionality utilizing generally accepted business analysis standards such as: written documents and UML diagrams such as Flow Charts, Swimlane Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and others as needed.
- Act as first line support to the business in case of issues during project and second line support post go-live
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Business or a Finance-related discipline
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business or a Finance-related discipline preferred
- 5+ years of strong technical or operational experience in financial or trading systems
- Experience analyzing, implementing and supporting enterprise reporting architectures and related technologies
- Experience in participating in cross-functional project teams environment; ability to perform in various roles from individual contributor to a leadership role; ability to contribute to planning, organization and managing of project teams using a structured delivery methodology
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other business organizations; successful experience in working with diverse groups of people in a problem-solving environment
- Experience in the use of Project Management methodology and best practices
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Commodities trading, inventory or logistics experience
- Knowledge of Futures & Options trading
- Familiarity with workflow and automation solutions, including RPA, Power Automate, etc as example
- Understanding of capabilities, features and limitations of system development tools
- Thorough understanding of planning, analysis and testing techniques required to support such systems
- Extensive knowledge/ experience in functional business areas, such as finance, accounting, information technology and trading operations
- Ability to act in a consultative role to understand functional business processes, related information technology needs and to develop solutions and delivery proposals
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities
- History of applying varied approaches to solve complex business support challenges of significance to the organization
- Advanced knowledge of standard business tools such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Running workshops to identify current and best-practice procedures
- Supporting the business in the creation of test cases and with any data or systems migration
- Conducting QA application testing and organizing and running User Acceptance Testing
- Running training workshops with key stakeholders and end users
- Working with external delivery partners to develop or support our solutions
- Documenting functional specifications and working closely with the Regional and Global teams as well as any external vendors to facilitate development
We offer hybrid flexibility (3 days a week in office)
Weekly lunch and breakfast provided
#LI - hybrid
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision care coverage, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
- 401k with Company Match
- Family Friendly Benefits including childbirth and parental leave, fertility and family building benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Hybrid work available (not applicable to all roles)
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
Louis Dreyfus Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
Louis Dreyfus CompanyWilton, CT
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.