Cost Accounting Manager
Loudpack Greenfield, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOUDPACK is a consumer-goods company and is the leading manufacturer of premium cannabis products and produces and distributes vape pens, concentrates, edibles, extracts and topicals throughout California. Our brands represent the highest-quality cannabis available – all of which are handcrafted, cultivated and distributed in California.
LOCATION: Monterey County, Greenfield, CA. This is an in-office position post Covid and in accordance with county regulations.
SUMMARY: The Cost Accounting Manager will manage accounting activities for Loudpack cultivation, manufacturing and distribution operations. You will contribute business and financial expertise to the local leadership team to help drive profitability, including the identification of opportunities to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and maximize output. As the Cost Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the local accounting activities including development and maintenance of Bill of Materials, variance analysis, weekly operating reporting, cash management, accounts payable, general accounting and cost accounting. This is a key finance and operations role that will play an integral part in supporting all aspects of accounting with hands on experience including standard cost rollup, manufacturing and PPV analysis, E&O analysis, and capitalization/amortization of variances.
● Manage monthly and quarterly cost accounting close processes to ensure all tasks are completed on schedule
● Lead all cost accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including quarterly standard cost change, physical inventory count and inventory roll forward
● Overall responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the Company’s inventory including the adequacy of physical count procedures and inventory valuation systems
● Develop, implement, and maintain a cost accounting system, ledger, documentation, and records including the maintenance of standard costing Bills of Materials (BOMs) and ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the standard costs and inventory valuations
● Analyze, investigate and report manufacturing variances including labor and overhead absorption reports, purchase price variance (PPV), scrap, excess and obsolete (E&O), inventory revaluation and overhead spending
● Review and approve purchase orders and internal material requests and document inventory and material purchases; monitor materials and productivity to determine the price and desired profit margins of the product
● Perform complex analysis, modeling, and other tool creation to enhance planning and reporting processes and provide leadership in decision-making processes through insightful analysis, fact-based recommendations and proactively identifying opportunities and risk
● Assist in the preparation and analysis of the weekly operation metric report including identifying and developing key performance indicators that align activities with operational goals and collaborate with senior management to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis
● Oversee a comprehensive set of cash control processes to mitigate financial risk and ensure accuracy of company records
● Assist in the accurate and timely completion of all government reporting and tax filings. This includes Federal 280e tax, CA cultivation and excise tax and local Cannabis Taxes and Business Tax Renewals
● Accountable for all cost accounting SOX controls
● Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the Company
● Coordinate with external auditors on physical inventory and cash controls
● Participate in a wide variety of projects and compile ad-hoc reports
● Helps establish, implement and deliver the farm/operational business objectives and strategies
Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance), from an accredited Institution\ Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred; Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) and MBA desirable
● Big Four (4) public accounting experience is a plus
● In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP and basic understanding of IFRS,
● 7-10 years of accounting experience, including 5+ years in related experience including prior experience in a manufacturing company
● 3-5 years strong cost accounting experience (Manufacturing), strong inventory, standard cost and manufacturing systems background
● Prior experience in developing SOPs for cash collections, control and reconciliations
● Experience in Intercompany transactions, reconciliations and consolidations
● Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
● Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines with efforts to streamline processes
● Takes ownership of issues and problems, see them to resolution and recommend process changes
● Innovative, creative and takes problem-solving to a whole new level
● Thrives in a dynamic, sense-of-urgency culture with quick turnarounds of results.
● Strong and effective, communication skills (i.e. verbal and written)
● Must be able to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented and confidential environment
● Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work and lead cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Loudpack