Technical Security Technician I (Systems)
- $8 Hourly
The Technical Security Technician I (Systems) is responsible for system administration and installation, maintenance, and repair support of closed-circuit camera and digital recording systems equipment, electronic access control systems, security and fire alarm systems, and similar devices. The employee is responsible for setup, diagnosing equipment problems, making minor repairs, and instructing others in the use and operation of the equipment. The employee initializes and services electronic surveillance cameras and companion digital recording equipment, fire and security alarm systems, and electronic access control systems. The work is performed according to manufacturers' technical information and standard service practices of the security surveillance and access control trade and state law.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; work may differ and other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate.
- Diagnoses security surveillance equipment problems using reference materials and computer software
- Trains employees on the use of electronic control equipment and security surveillance systems
- Communicates/coordinates with vendors, school administration, School Board administrative offices, and school bus transportation office
- Administers and provides initial setup of security cameras, digital surveillance recorders, and electronic access control systems including card access and video entry
- Builds complex mapping for security systems
- Integrates complex security, closed circuit cameras, and access control systems
Below are the minimum qualifications for this job. Equivalent combinations of education and experience are also acceptable.
High School diploma or GED required
Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage inventory and parts control
- Working knowledge of security surveillance camera, recording equipment installation and repair procedures, electronic access control equipment installation and repair procedures, electrical hazards and safety precautions, fire and security alarm systems equipment troubleshooting, and minor service repair and maintenance
- Ability to read technical manuals and demonstrate the use and operation of equipment
- Experience with setup and managing access control and security systems
- Experience with CAD software
- Valid driver's license
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Reports to: Supervisor, Technical Security
Months/Days/Hours: 12 Months/ 254 Days/ 8 Hours
Salary Level: Universal 8
Salary Scale: https://www.lcps.org/compensation
Salary Range: $25.21 - $32.44
Loudoun County Public SchoolsAshburn, VA
Get fresh Technical Security Technician I (Systems) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.