- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Lotus Seattle seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as Chief Engineer for our 4-station cluster (KNWN AM/FM, KPLZ FM, KVI AM). This is an exciting time for us as we build out completely new studios and offices – the right candidate will be front and center in support of this effort. Lead Engineer responsibilities combine the management of technological assets as well as station administrative tasks. Working closely with the local GM and the Director of Engineering, you’ll steer the department to maintain good engineering practice in all new installs, as well as develop and implement a series of preventive maintenance tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reports to General Manager.
· On call 24/7 for broadcast emergencies
· Manage station IT needs
· Maintain FCC compliance at studio and sites.
· Ability to inspect, repair and/or maintain with vendor support as necessary, all broadcast equipment, including transmitters (FM, HD, AM), antenna’s, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, encoders, telephone system and other related equipment.
· Review of station operating logs (EAS, tower lights, etc.)
· Transmitter site safety/OSHA (signage, control, maintenance)
· Manage contractors and schedule of maintenance (Towers, HVAC etc.)
· Station vehicle maintenance
· Promotion equipment repair and maintenance
· Engineering Budget
· Wheatstone, News Boss, Zetta experience would be a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Broadcast Engineering or equivalent.
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required, experience within the broadcasting industry is preferred
· Experience with both digital (HD) and analog audio systems.
· Strong MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel and Word) is required
· Effective decision-making skills
· Experience with developing budgets and writing business plans
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to prioritize daily routine and urgent tasks
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
· Office environment, some repetitive motion required. May require some travel, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
LOTUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WHAT WE DO
Lotus Communications Corp. is a company headquartered in Los Angeles, California that owns and operates 48 radio stations, a digital agency and e-commerce websites. The radio stations serve the Los Angeles, Bakersfield, Fresno, Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento, Tucson, Seattle and Boise radio markets. The e-commerce operations are based in Los Angeles.
Lotus Seattle Corp.
140 4th Ave North Seattle WARedmond, WA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?