Los Rios Community College District
Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II (Extended)
Job Posting Number: C00970P
Salary: $7,825.91 per month
Closing Date: 07/29/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11665
The IT Network Administrator Analyst II is primarily responsible for supporting overall network security including, but not limited to, the following areas and software/tools:
Firewall management using Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO); System Incident and Event Management (SIEM) using Splunk; Data Loss Protection (DLP) scans and reporting using Digital Guardian; Vulnerability scans of network-based assets and servers using Tenable Security Center; Penetration testing using NMAP; and real-time inspection of network traffic for detection, blocking, enforcement and remediation of threats, targeted attacks and malware using TippingPoint.
The Information Technology Network Administrator II is a Network and VoIP Administrator and is an experienced Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst I, or equivalent who has primary responsibility for Network and VoIP Administration with complex integration responsibilities. The Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II is distinguished from the Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst I by the amount of leadership exercised and the complexity and scope of work performed, and the exercise of significant autonomy in research and development of solution options. The Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II operates with moderate oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Information Technology department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
In addition to the typical duties of Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst I:
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, and budgets):
• Develops standards and procedures and maintains all wired and wireless network equipment located on the network.
• Develops standards and procedures and Maintains all VoIP central equipment located on the network.
• Plans and performs major upgrades of network operating system software and network equipment.
o Includes upgrades to network and data security software and hardware.
o Performs upgrades and installations using coordinated change management methodologies and procedures.
• Plans and performs major upgrades of VoIP central equipment located on the network.
• Researches and develops new procedures, processes to address emerging requirements.
o Remains cognizant of evolving state and federal laws and mandates regarding the protection of critical personal data and privacy.
• Coordinates work with technical and non-technical staff to develop project timelines, distribution of work, and assure timely completion of projects.
• Monitors industry trends, vendor announcements and product releases to identify changes that will impact existing and future services.
• Recommends changes for future consideration to improve security, performance, capacity, and cost benefit.
o Maintains network device patching methodologies consistent with accepted standards and procedures.
• Maintains security and staff access to network infrastructure (physical/wireless and VOIP).
o Analyzes and monitors network data security systems to assure a balance of user access and data security concerns.
o Uses diagnostic equipment and extensive network server, application, and workstation monitoring programs to detect malicious activity and to research possible violations of policies.
o Manages and maintains all network security scans and penetration tests, including remediation support and follow-up.
o Maintains a daily log of activities related to data security hardware and software problems, temporary circumventions and reconfigurations.
• Analyzes and resolves complex technical issues.
• Performs project management for network operating system, VoIP software upgrades and large-sized projects.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
• Provides assistance and troubleshooting support for other technical personnel, sometimes in other technical roles (e.g., database, systems and configuration management).
• Recommends changes to system architectures, policies, and procedures consistent with established plans.
Performs related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and four years of experience directly related to the job duties; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience directly related to the job duties; OR, an Associate’s degree or a network administration certificate and eight years of experience directly related to the job duties.
Promotional: Two years as an Information Technology Analyst I in the Los Rios CCD. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.