Health Information Management (HIM) Technician - Part-Time
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Do you have experience in the following areas: If you do we would like to hear from you!
- Generating daily, weekly DNFB reports.
- Facilitate the completion of aging accounts.
- HIM experience in an Acute Care Setting.
- Proficient in Excel and Word
The Health Information Management (HIM) Technician is responsible for providing support to authorized users of protected health information (PHI) by ensuring patient health information is available in a timely manner and is accurately indexed and maintained in the electronic legal health record system in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Reviews records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Retrieves, compiles, processes, maintains paper and electronic health records of hospital(s) and clinic(s) patients in a manner consistent with administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements and to meet company established DNFB standards. Monitors incoming documents daily and provides timely handling according to policy. Maintains strictest confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Understands and practices proper release of information for patients, physician offices, subpoenas, state and federal governing agencies maintaining confidentiality in accordance with hospital policies and HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Completes concurrent monitoring of history & physical and operative/procedure reports to ensure timely completion of such documents in accordance with governing/regulatory/accrediting agencies regulations. Appropriately notifies physicians of incomplete and/or delinquent records. Completes proper notifications when parties fail to complete health records in a timely manner and follows suspension process.
- Accurately prepares correspondence, documents, forms and ad hoc report/projects in a timely manner. Appropriately, accurately and timely prepares, scans, indexes and faxes health record per department standards to meet established DNFB standards. Establishes and maintains effective filing systems, provides excellent departmental telephone coverage, and completes additional clerical duties as assigned. Reads and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Assists in the processing, maintaining, compiling and reporting of statistical data requested by Nursing, Risk Management, Quality Management and other ancillary departments within the organization.
- Interfaces with other departments to ensure optimal processing of information and discharges.
- Reviews health records post discharge to identify missing items such as signatures and reports. Analyzes records, follows through and is engaged in locating and securing missing documents.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required. College approved courses preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of Health Information Management clerical experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Computer literacy and proficiency. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Certificate in Health Information Management preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: HIM Tech, HIS, Health Information Systems Technician, Medical Records, MR, Acute Care