- $80,000 to $95,000 Yearly
The Senior Accountant supports the Controller with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, annual audit support, monthly GL/Bank account reconciliations, and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. S/He serves as a key resource for the organization and provides daily financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and regulations, to facilitate solid decision support. S/he will report to the Controller and proactively and cooperatively work with HQ management and staff to implement solutions as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists with or responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and applicable regulations, laws, and best practices
- Organizational and program budget preparation and monitoring
- Coordination and participation in Bank and Independent annual audits
- Periodic review of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization
- Inventory cost analysis and monitoring
- Coordination of monthly and year-end financial closing process
- Monthly analysis of financial performance
- Preparation and management of supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts. Analyze and reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Performing financial analysis as appropriate to support risk assessment and informed decision making.
- Management of certain aspects of accounts receivable, cash receipts, and banking activities, including the review and custody of supporting documentation
- Processing and posting of journal entries for routine transactions and ensure accuracy of the General Ledger
- Maintenance of fixed assets register.
- Cross training on accounts payable, cash disbursements, cash receipts processes and payroll
- Perform other duties on an ad-hoc basis, as requested.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA or CPA eligibility strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of related accounting experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word
- Proactive problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
- Effective time management skills, self- motivated, critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Analytic and detail-oriented, with good organizational skills
- Self-motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment with firm deadlines.
- Experience with budget preparation and budgetary control
- Experience with inventory cost management
- Integrity, credibility, and a commitment
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Fluency in English required - ability to communicate in local languages a strong asset.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Los Angeles Co.Los Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.