A private oncology practice with offices located in in the greater Los Angeles area is seeking Full Time Registered Nurses for our busy oncology clinics to care for patients and administer therapies for cancer and blood disorders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides compassionate oncology nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and chemotherapy treatments in accordance with nursing standards and under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Administers hydration, iron treatments, and injections as prescribed.
- Monitors patients and assists them in being compliant with oral chemotherapy.
- Ability to educate and instruct patients and family members regarding treatment medications and their side effects.
- Ability to access ports, PICC lines and start IV's.
- Oversees infusion schedules and maintains timely flow of patients.
- Assists the Charge RN and MD with daily tasks.
- Oversees the infusion room including working with Medical Assistants in the re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Updates the patient chart utilizing Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to perform work in a professional manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License, in good standing.
- 2 years experience as a Registered Nurse (RN), preferred. We are willing to train.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification through ONS or must be obtained within 4 months of hire.
- Current CPR/BCLS certification.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient in recognizing signs & symptoms of patients.
- Knowledge of medications including growth factors.
- Proficient computer skills and willing to learn new software as warranted.
- Demonstrates basic leadership and organizational skills.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- OncoEMR (Altos/Flatiron), Electronic Medical Records software
- PharmServe, Pharmacy dispensing software
- MS Office Suite, MS Outlook and MS Excel
Individuals with skills, ability, drive and ambition will be considered and receive a competitive compensation and benefits package. The ability of our doctors to provide this level of service depends on the work of every single individual in our practice. Our company has some of the most dedicated and passionate people working today. Candidates who wish to work with us in our fast-paced, innovative and team-oriented environment are welcome to apply. Health, dental and vision benefits are offered to full time (30 or more hours) employees.
The mission of The Los Angeles Cancer Network is to provide compassionate individualized treatment using the most recent proven advances in cancer care as well as education and support to our patients and their families. It is also our mission to participate in important clinical research, early detection and innovative treatment. We are proud to be at the forefront of cancer research with our associates at Southern California Oncology Research Alliance (SCORA).
Los Angeles Cancer Network
Why Work Here?The dedicated men and women of LA Cancer Network, formerly The Los Angeles Hematology/Oncology Medical Group, have served the greater Los Angeles area for over 30 years. With offices conveniently located in downtown Los Angeles, Glendale, Van Nuys, and Alhambra, you can find care and guidance in blood disorders and cancer care from the most dedicated and professional medical staff specializing in Hematology and Medical Oncology. The mission of The Los Angeles Cancer Network is to provide compassionate individualized treatment using the most recent proven advances in cancer care as well as education and support to our patients and their families. It is also our mission to participate in important clinical research, early detection and innovative treatment. We are proud to be at the forefront of cancer research with our associates at Southern California Oncology Research Alliance (SCORA).
We have a friendly and happy working environment with competitive compensation and medical benefits.