We are seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician to become a part of our team! You will assist in the preparation of medications under the direction of supervising providers.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Verifies insurance eligibility for patients and any of their prescriptions written to the In-Office-Dispensary (IOD).
- Obtains all necessary authorizations for prescriptions written to IOD.
- Communicates with clinic staff and Direct supervisor on the status of all prescriptions written to the IOD.
- Dispenses medication at clinics.
- Enters, uploads or scans documents, test results, authorizations, incoming faxes and various items into Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Responsible for supporting departmental performance objectives.
- Responsible for interacting with other departments to assist with member problems or questions and act as facilitator to resolve them.
- Prepare medication and dispense to patients
- Responsible for thorough follow-up and completion of all tasks with associates, patients, or provider inquiries.
- Measure dosage of medications, according to prescription orders
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Responsible for utilizing courteous phone protocol and etiquette at all times and maintaining a professional image.
- Responsible for providing a pleasant and professional customer service experience to all external and internal customers.
- Monitor storage and inventory of medications and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Highly organize and attention to detail
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Armenian)
- Business acumen with financial analytical skills
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Systems
- Proficient in medical office billing software, such as GE Centricity
- Certified as a Pharmacy Technician or similar medical expertise
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience in pharmacy or other related fields
- 2+ years of experience in a pharmacy or In-Office-Dispensary
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum Education: Valid California Pharmacy Technician License
- Knowledge of various Pharmacy dispensing systems and equipment.
- Compounding/ad-mixture experience
The mission of The Los Angeles Cancer Network is to provide compassionate individualized treatment using the most recent proven advances in cancer care as well as education and support to our patients and their families. It is also our mission to participate in important clinical research, early detection and innovative treatment. We are proud to be at the forefront of cancer research with our associates at Southern California Oncology Research Alliance (SCORA).
Los Angeles Cancer Network
Why Work Here?The dedicated men and women of LA Cancer Network, formerly The Los Angeles Hematology/Oncology Medical Group, have served the greater Los Angeles area for over 30 years. With offices conveniently located in downtown Los Angeles, Glendale, Van Nuys, and Alhambra, you can find care and guidance in blood disorders and cancer care from the most dedicated and professional medical staff specializing in Hematology and Medical Oncology. The mission of The Los Angeles Cancer Network is to provide compassionate individualized treatment using the most recent proven advances in cancer care as well as education and support to our patients and their families. It is also our mission to participate in important clinical research, early detection and innovative treatment. We are proud to be at the forefront of cancer research with our associates at Southern California Oncology Research Alliance (SCORA).
We have a friendly and happy working environment with competitive compensation and medical benefits.